Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2026

2026 Q2 review of The Community S.P.A.R.K. initiative

Organized by: Nixon "Jasper" Showalter

Hello to the Realms Community! Welcome to the Q2 review of The Community S.P.A.R.K. initiative, looking to Spotlight: Passion, Achievement, Recognition, Knowledge and more with the intent to provide an anonymous place to shout-out our peers within the community. Each quarter, we will be releasing a review of all of the Sparks submitted so people can catch up and see what our amazing community members are up to! Below is the 2026 Q2 Review, containing all of the Sparks shared from January through March. Thank you to everyone who took time to recognize someone with a Spark, and to everyone who works to uplift and support this community. If you want to submit your own S.P.A.R.K. fill out the form HERE.

Travis Wilcox / Elwin

Just wanna say how awesome Travis is for stopping by my place to help with getting my property ready to use as an event site. I really needed the guidance and extra pair of hands, and he was a huge help. 



Tucker Noyes / Temorse

For as long as I've been in the Realms community (which admittedly isn't as long as many others), you has always been a voice of calm, measured reason. And the recent EEHM was no exception. You have earned the unwavering respect of myself and others in the Realms community many times over, and I thank you for your service and for making your voice heard. 



Eric / Rosetta

For throwing some much needed questing content, while also operating with integrity and compassion in all he does.



Celeste / Shooting Star

You rocked it yesterday with helping track all the tournament points and communicated well when you needed a break or to just take a moment. Thank you for your hard work! 



Emma / Irri

Emma rocked it on her final project for her degree by making the most incredible Realms inspired Tarot Deck! It is absolutely stunning art work and we are all so proud of you! 



Emma Sherman / Irri, Ella Smith / Violet, Heath Sainio / Styx, Bri Meisser / Margaret, Nixon Showalter / Jasper, Becca Shields / Nestra, Daniel Hudon / N, Max McCalla / Azimuth, Celeste Ma / Shooting Star, Jay Weil / Odd, Deanna R / Ruby, and anyone else I forgot

An Emerald Path congratulations on graduation, be it from high school, college, or grad school! Realms is one part of our lives, but other parts of our lives are also important to celebrate. Real Life Comes First, and means you can continue to be part of our community. Well done!



Tucker / Temorse

foretell is a hard spell to marshal. 

At ashen adventures I saw raindrop and ryu bursting into the tavern frantically looking for Orion- as raindrop had 6 more minutes of clarity before the consequences of their actions caught up to them. What followed was a 6 tense minutes of roleplay as raindrop both apologized for how their opinions were going to shift soon, and conveyed what they had learned. 

I asked sky later what they had foretold, and it was along the lines of “I’ll magic my way into trouble I can’t magic out of”. The boon given was clever, appropriate, powerful, and mechanically supported good storytelling. It’ll be something I’ll think back too when I’m casting or marshaling the spell in the future.



All of Ashenmark and Rowan

You all are fantastic to be around at every event you’re at! Your positive, can-do attitudes are infectious, and bring smiles to many Realmsies’ faces. You are delightful to be around, whether we’re working together, or facing off against each other. 


Nixon / Jasper, Eric / Rosetta, Dani / Elizah, Emma / Irri, Keith / Saegen, Zack K. / Capt. Bogen, Lukas / Samuel, Sky / Raindrop

Coming into the Realms as a new player was scary. There is so much lore to learn, so many new people to meet, and it can be incredibly intimidating when there is no clear way to figure out where to start or what the guidelines are. Especially as someone who wanted to jump right in and weave my character's backstory into the Realms lore from the start. 


So, I would like to thank Keith, Eric, Sky, and Dani for helping me find my confidence throughout my time in the Realms so far, but also for helping guide me to where I am today. Whether it was answering my questions, sharing stories, or helping me learn more about the Realms in general, all of it helped me figure out what I wanted to do with my character and where I wanted to go. 


I would also like to thank Nixon, Emma, Zack, and Lukas for giving me such a safe space that I sometimes forget my social anxiety exists. Without that, I don't think I would have ended up playing my character how I planned to from the start. 


Again, thank you to all of you. You have made my experience in the Realms far less stressful, and I am genuinely grateful for everything you have done for me so far. What started out as something intimidating quickly became a place where I feel welcome.



Justin / J’ortsa

Thank you for giving several interesting, creative, and memorable spell quests.



Renee / Kindrianna

Hey Nay. You know how you have 90s commercial jingles permanently burned into your mind? So I'm like that with your lore. *Two years* after casting that seer magic, I perfectly recall that Sir Athalos Fairclough is in a barrow den beneath Calandia, Sir Selwyn Fowler is in Shadowmarch, and Sir Lorin Stirling is in Coventry.


I am not like this with anybody else's lore. Just you. Because I see you pour your heart and soul into the worlds you create like nobody else I've ever known. I found my footing as a player and as a roleplayer in this game through your plot, and I'm honored to be able to participate in the creation you've poured so much of yourself into.


There are only two works of fiction that have brought out so much emotion in me to make me cry: The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson, and plot you have marshalled. That is the power you wield as a storyteller, and you wield it masterfully.


So that's what I mean when I call you my favorite crack dealer.



Kyle / Killian

I just wanted to say thank you for all of your hard work that you do for this community and most recently this past weekend for pressure point 4. I feel you tend to be the silent "head down and just get it done" type of person and often times it is easy to unintentionally overlook the work that those type of people put into the community, so I wanted you to know that you are seen and your commitment to the game is valued. Thank you for giving players and staff an unforgettable experience this past weekend and generally thank you for all you do.