Pages

Friday, August 14, 2026

Why I Want To Go - Evie's Tavern Presents: The Midnight Festival II Tournaments of the Lunar Aegis

Sometimes it's the simple things that are true. I want to go to Midnight Festival, because I went last year, and it was awesome, and I trust the team to do a great job again this year. 

You might think I’m biased, as it’s being held within the lands of Blackwood once again, but I'm really just enjoying the privilege of enjoying a marvelous series of festivities right outside my front door. Tournaments, Food, Vendors, delightful. 

The Lunar Aegis stepping up and hosting Tournaments for the first time is an important occasion, and I’m excited to offer some support. As a tournament regular, both as a competitor, a marshal, and a host, I can say the format of Pairs is underutilized. It gets thrown into tournaments in the form of Knights and Squires or Spirit and Steel, but an entire tournament day devoted to team pairs is pretty unheard of. As someone that favors the simplicity of smaller tournaments over massive war tournaments, and as someone that loves nuance and innovation, I think this could become a true staple of the tournament season. 

One of my favorite experiences traveling the realms is a shared drink by the fire. It's a simple thing, but I believe it's important for every adventurer to be able to tell stories and share experiences. Having the insider scoop, I know encouraging this is a particular aim of the event with a mixology competition, having dancers for the fire, and loaner gear for anyone that would wish to join in on the dancing. 

Tempest did an excellent job in my kitchens at Blackwood Tournaments, and I’m excited to be able to leisurely enjoy her picnic fare. Reading the announcement, I  got a bit confused, and thought she was going to be providing us with a dinner as well. But I got clarification, that we’re to fend for ourselves for dinner break. Knowing Tempest’s cooking, I’ll probably be too full to worry about it. 

Of note, it’s an important theme of the tournaments to support women and gender minorities, as well as a mentorship within our community. And who wouldn’t want to come out and support that? 

I’m excited!

I’ll see you on the field,

King Saegan of Blackwood