Tuesday, May 15, 2012

10 Questions - Michael "Wrath" Doherty


Michael "Wrath" Doherty

Photo by Lina Weldell
How long have you been playing?
I'm only just about to reach my two year mark in the realms. My first event was Convergences 2010, where I spent the night questing with Sir Rillan Kaiser of Grimloch. 

How has the game changed since you've been playing?
When I first started playing it was before bamboo was brought into the game and most people were still using pvc weapons. Now even first event newbies have socked bamboo weapons thanks to my friend Kahlenar.

Who have you learned the most?
When talking about fighting and field tactics Sir Shandar Silverstorm of Grimloch, has taught me more than anyone else in the realms. But of course I have also learned some other tricks from people by asking around for tips on fighting. For example, sir Rohde of Grimloch taught me that to block or attack only takes the slightest movements.

What was your best moment IC?
My best IC moment was at a single grain of sand where I sailed upon a sea of bedlam in the feared pirate ship, the Burlap Terror! I and my friends spent the night chasing bedlam boys around while throwing harpoons at them.

What was your best moment as a NPC/EH/Player?
 My best moment would have been at On the Brink where I was told “At around 3am when everyone IC had gone to bed, sneak into their camp and start burning down some tents”. After the first tent some of the other players heard me and ran out of their tents to fight.

Photo by Robyn C Nielsen



What would you like to see changed or developed more in game?
I would personally like to see more PvP action, and more high risk events.

What advice would you give new players?
Nicknames and reputations don’t go away easily.

What do you love most about the game?
I love being able to go away for a weekend and leave all the stress of life behind, also meeting and making new friends.

Who would you like to see the next interview be with?
Sir Aengus/Joe fantasia

Anything else you'd like to take the opportunity to put into print?