Thursday, October 16, 2014

Belts of the Eternal Flame Jason "Sir Malaki" Gray

1.     What year were you awarded your white belt?
            2010

2.    Who administered "the punch" and-- be honest!!--did it hurt?
            Radstar, and a little, cause he has bony hands and I have a bony chest.

3.     Whose belt did you wear until you got your own, and how was this significant for you?      
            Sir Jarrod's. It was super significant as Jarrod has been my biggest influence in game. I also remember he threatened to end me if I broke it :P I mean the belt is almost as old as I am.

4.     Can you describe your own belt's heraldry?
            My belt is a traditional style KoEF belt with diagonal stripes, I've included the
Folkestone symbol with two Chinese characters for Family Forever.

5.     Why did you chose that heraldry to represent you?
            I wanted mine to look similar to Jarrod's as I liked the traditional style, I included the Folkestone symbol because it is a large part of who I am as a person today, and to make it "Malaki" I added the Chinese characters for what Folkestone means to him.

Photo by Jesse Gifford
6.     Who did the artwork on your belt?
            Leanne (Hoffman) Micciche.

7.     What do you remember most about your knighting?
            It was at Leviathan, and I actually suspected it was happening because two of my very close friends who were KoEF were avoiding me all day.

8.     What does being a KoEF mean to you?

            Being a KoEF means many things, and I'm not sure I can do my feelings justice with words. As much as we sometimes pick on our one tenet of "To thine ownself be true" if you look at it on a deeper meaning, it sums it up pretty well. Have beliefs and convictions, and never be afraid to stand up for them