Thursday, October 26, 2023

Why I Want to Go - Black & White 2023


by Renee "Kindrianna" Booke


Come one, come all!

The 2023 Black & White Masquerade takes place this weekend, and you are in for an experience! The day promises a wide range of content consisting of tournaments, delicious food, and plot. Some of the tournaments are ones you are already familiar with, and some, I have been told, are new. I admit that I am pretty curious. I think this team has very innovative and clever people at the helm, so whatever they come up with will surely be a blast.

Nighttime is my favorite part of Black and White because I love gettin’ fancy. Everyone dons their masks and fancy clothes before court, and you’d be surprised how well some of us clean up after a long year of adventuring, hah! Just be sure Death doesn’t catch you without your mask! Eep!

Squire Fern has been advertising an Autumn Dessert Showcase and the return of the Royal Pâtissier of Chimeron competition. If you haven’t seen the details, you can click Here for more information. The challenge for this year is cheesecake, so I hope you all arrive hungry so you may indulge in this most decadent of desserts. Just don’t eat so much that you can’t enjoy the dancing. That would be unfortunate. Additionally, you will have a Stacked Deck poker tournament and an auction to look forward to. There is a little something for everyone.

This event is a very meaningful one for our community. It is a celebration of the Day of the Dead and an opportunity to reflect and recall our favorite memories of those who no longer quest beside us in the conventional sense. This is a tradition that I hope we all appreciate for many years to come, and I am grateful that it has been a part of our lives for so many years.

Have fun, everyone, and please remember to take a ton of pictures!