Friday, August 25, 2017

10 More Questions with... Chris "Jaha" Marques

Photo Courtesy of Jesse Gifford
1) What achievement either in or out of character are you most proud of?

My greatest achievement by far has been my work within Grimloch. Having been a part of the group from the beginning, I have seen both up and down years. We have accomplished a number of things together both on the tournaments field and in terms of throwing events. I have had the pleasure of helping to train and develop many players over the years

2) Are you a fighter or a caster? Have you always been? How did you choose?

Currently I am a fighter. Over the years I have swapped between being a rogue and fighter. Most of the time is is related to what the group needs. Combat has always been my focus in the game, so I cannot foresee a time where I am not able to use a variety of weapons.

3) Have you ever owned an artifact, memento, or magic item that has meant a lot to you, and why?

Regulator, the first magic weapon that was specifically for me, is a 4'6'' magic axe. Back then, new members coming into Grimloch would get an item to use. Getting that axe was similar to getting my tabard, it was a symbol of joining the group.

4) What group of people do you spend the most time with and why?

Both in and out of character I spend most of my time with Grimloch. They are my family, and always know how to have a good time. They have supported me through the good and the bad.

5) Who is your best friend in character and why?

My best friend in character was Rohde. With him being dead I suppose XT (Rohde 2.0) wins by default.

6) What event or moment had the greatest impact on you as a player?

The finals of the first Order of the List invitational had a huge impact on me. Rohde vs Syruss in a truly evenly matched spectacle was the exact type of athletic display I envisioned when first cultivating the idea for the Order of the List.

7) What event or moment had the greatest impact on your character?

The first Best of the Best tournament also had a huge impact. It was the first high profile tournament I had competed in and won. For Jaha, it was a declarative statement that he had arrived as a fighter to be taken seriously. It also planted the seeds for the Order of the List.

8) What is your most embarrassing moment, either IC or OOC?

This is really series of embarrassing moments. Every time I've been pegged with an arrow while giving instructions during limited bridge battles, it's quite embarrassing. It is even worse when I am telling someone else to keep their guard up.

9) What is the best piece of advice you'd give to other players?

Be yourself. The community is amazing, but tends to be conservative about change and new ideas. Follow through on the ideas you believe in no matter how much negative peer-pressure you receive. Also, play the game so you have fun, even if that means sometimes taking some time off for yourself.

10 ) What is the most important thing you've learned through the game?


The importance of taking care of yourself. Throughout the years, I have thrown many events, and for quite a while was completely burnt out. Re-adjusting my game related workload really helped to re-invigorate my interest in the game and community.

BONUS QUESTION #1: Who would you like to see the next interview be with?

Adam Landry

BONUS QUESTION #2: Anything else you'd like to take the opportunity to put into print?

See you at the beach!