Wednesday, June 6, 2018

WIWTG A Journey to the First Tomb of Rathkeale, A Party of Chaos by Keith

I probably don’t write enough of these. I think everyone that reads them knows that Lani does the lion’s share, and perhaps that’s not fair. But she’s better at them, she has more love for you guys than I do, and in truth, sometimes they can be pretty challenging to write. I’m a terrible liar, and while I don’t think I would outright lie to you guys, it just doesn’t seem sufficient to say that I want to go because “I don’t know, I just do.”


This event is an exception though, because I’ve had the opportunity to see it be built up for easily the last six months. As a full disclosure, I’m staffing this event. In this case what that means is I get to see behind the curtain at all the efforts put into it, and I really just get a good view of what’s going on.


Brought to you by a team made up of the experienced James “Tao” Murphy, the talented Brendan “Hayden” Lam, and the ambitious Greg “Daekara” Falconer, this event will offer a little bit of something for everyone.


Promising questing wrought with rich lore, interesting mechanics, and thought out plot devices, Rathkeale will present interesting challenges to the would be quester. Bringing his talent to the forefront, I can say that Brendan has put some serious effort into some of his props that he will be providing for the questing portion of this event.


Providing a questing atmosphere is ambitious on its own, but integrating a feast, and overall celebration, can be challenging. Having seen some of the menu, and knowing what Tao’s cooking talents are like, I can say for sure I’m excited to indulge in the oncoming tastiness.


And then on Sunday they are providing chaotic tournaments, and I can honestly say I don’t know what to expect from that. So this event will be pretty much all over the place. It will provide something for everyone, and in the true chaotic fashion, you might not be expecting it when it does.


But all that aside, why do I want to go? I want to go because my friends asked me to help them. They wanted to try their hand at event holding, and they’ve sought to build themselves a strong team in order to do it. I want to go because they’ve looked for a lot of advice. They’ve taken good criticism, and they’re putting in the effort needed for what should be a good event.


I want to go because it’s the Realms, and it’s going to be fun.


So see you on the field,


Keith “Saegan” Cronyn