Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Why I Want To Go-Tournaments of Blackwood VII

by Lani "Gwen" Jones

This weekend, my friends from the Folkewood Initiative are back at it again!  There is definitely excitement in the air as we gear up to attend another installment of Tournaments of Blackwood. Let me break it down for you, using as many “F” words as I know how (for alliterative purposes only!)

Fighting
This is obviously first and foremost, a tournament event. There will be team tournaments like the wheel of death, capture the flag, and team survivor, so make sure you bring friends you want to strategize with. Then of course there will be individual tournaments as well, for Order of the List points. I’m also told there will be a “Beer Pit” which is like a Bear Pit with some extra special rules, and that might be one tournament I’m definitely down to fight in. And of course, fighting isn’t limited to tournaments, as this event also features questing plotline that furthers the Folkewood story.

Food
If you know me, you know that I can’t go very long without mentioning food. In fact, I get downright hangry if I’m not fed in a timely manner, just ask my friends and family. Fortunately, Tournaments of Blackwood has planned ahead for just such a circumstance, smoking pulled pork for 12 hours for you and me (but mostly me). There is sure to be lots of delicious BBQ fare available for us to partake in, and having worked in kitchens with these wonderful cooks before I can definitely tell you I’m excited about the food.

Fireworks
Need I say more? For real though, a fireworks display before the night quest? How cool is that? If you want to find me I’ll be staring at the sky with my jaw dropped on the ground like a little kid. And you know what, I bet you will be close by looking the same way, because again, who doesn’t like fireworks?

Families
Tournaments of Blackwood is a family-friendly event. They are providing a kid’s quest on Saturday and again, Fireworks. This event has a little bit of everything to keep everyone happy and it’s being run by a team of people who care to make sure that everyone, including your kids, are having a good time.

Okay, so if I’m being honest, that might not be every “F” word that I know, but I do know at least one more and it’s definitely the reason I want to go this weekend and it is....

Fun
This weekend is going to be a good time. We are going to hit some things, eat some things, hang with friends and family, and enjoy ourselves and the good weather. I’m super excited to be heading up there this weekend, and I think you should be too.