Thursday, October 18, 2018

Why I Want to Go-Ashenbounty VII

by Lani "Gwen" Jones

I have been lucky enough to participate in every event in the Imperium series, and as much as endings can be bittersweet, I am so excited to see the exciting conclusion that the Ashenmark team has for this plot. Every event has featured interesting mechanics, opportunities for engaging role-play, and plenty of silly fun to boot. Some of the most memorable for me involve plant monsters with googly eyes, a library with some very interesting books (that caused many of us to behave in very interesting ways), and a lightening scorpion. If you are able, I highly suggest that you make it out for the final event in the series, which I'm sure will be even more spectacular.

This year, groups of five or more who are bound together by knighthood, nation, or order can also increase their protection by creating a war banner. That means you still have a few days to band together your friends and create a banner. If you are able, this is a great opportunity to show off your Realms' pride, and offers a unique opportunity for a questing party to really engage with the plot.

And, as always, it wouldn't be a Why I Want to Go if I didn't mention the food. I've seen the menu and I know that Twen is very excited to serve you a warm and hearty meal that genuinely celebrates the flavors of fall. I would be a liar if I didn't tell you that I plan on eating second helpings of everything she has in store for us.

I'd love to see you this weekend, and celebrate what I hope will be a victorious end for the Realms as we work together to hopefully defeat the Imperium once and for all.