Thursday, September 12, 2019

Why I Want To Go - The StoryTellers VII and The Strangers War I

by Lani "Gwen" Jones

One of the things I love most about the fall (okay it's not technically fall yet but you know what I mean) is it really starts to feel like it's questing season! The weather cools down and spending the day out in the woods just becomes the perfect way to pass the weekend. People in the Realms throw amazing quests in the fall, I have so many great memories of them. And speaking of that, I expect there will be lots of new great memories to be made at the events this coming weekend.

First up, on Friday night, is the Story Tellers VII. This is such an amazing series of events because its a place where different event holders can share the stage to tell their stories. Three different quests are going to be run that night, and every one of them sounds interesting. I'm excited to see what comes next in the Divine Intervention series that got off to such a blockbuster start with the release of Garm from his throne. I'm intrigued be the idea of the combined talents of the Magi of the Realms putting together an adventure to experience. And most of all, I'm thrilled to experience a new story from the imaginings of a younger player. Keep in mind that depending on NPC turn out, players might be asked to NPC one of the three quests so that everyone has the best night possible.

On Saturday evening, heroes will be gathering in a tavern in Chimeron to attempt a quest into the Ashenfields, a mysterious place within Deep Fey. The description of this event makes it really sounds different and interesting. I'm intrigued by the idea of relying on cunning and stealth to survive on a quest rather than the more traditional method of bashing down everything in front of us. Something about all of the names and places we're going to see, the Ashenfields, the Path of the Veil, the Strangers, really captures my imagination and kind of scares me a little! In fact, the vibe of this event is supposed to be darker with some horror elements... could anything be more perfect for questing through a cool autumn (almost) night? I scare especially easily too, so I'm probably the perfect audience for this kind of story. A couple things to keep in mind. This is labeled as a high-risk event with the possibility of losing your character so make sure you read the event description very well. Also, the event staff will be selling sandwiches and other food items in the tavern so you don't have to worry about going anywhere else for dinner before the quest starts.

All in all, a weekend packed with adventure and excitement, exactly what we love and expect out of these cool fall (kind-of) days.