Thursday, December 10, 2020

Why I Want to Go - A Very Merry Virtu-Yule at Cecil's Uncle's Crazy Tavern 3

By Cal "Syruss" Marsden


Hello friends, 

Cal here aka Syruss I am going to forgo my usual IC cheeky writing style to talk to you about an event that is near and dear to my heart. I have been going to Uncle Cecil’s tavern since its conception, which correct me if I am wrong, is in its impressive 13th year. I have had the privilege and frankly pleasure to watch this event evolve over the years. This year is going to be its most drastic evolution to date. 

But here is my take away. First, after experiencing the virtual event Black and White ball this year that Chimeron put on early this year I am extremely excited and hopeful for the content that I know can be provided in a virtual context. I will attempt to keep this a “Why I want to go” and not so much a “What you missed” but for those who missed this unique experience then let me tell you this, it is the bar currently for virtual Realms content. They provided an immersive setting with a copious amount of activities ranging on a multitude of medias and most importantly allowed us to be with each other during a year that seemed determined to keep us apart. While Uncle Cecil's isn't a Chimeron event, I know its staff cares just as much about our community and creating a festive atmosphere for us all to share.

Which brings me onto my next point: What is the True Meaning of Uncle Cecil’s Tavern??? Togetherness!!!!

Now don’t get me wrong there are a ton of great things that make up this event. This is our annual Holiday Party. This is where for the most part we let our hair down (for those of you with hair...lucky jerks that you are.) We come together to celebrate the year, bask in revelry, recount our happiest moments of the year, sing songs, exchange gifts, partake in libations(if that is your fancy), exchange gifts, eat tons of delicious food, and just be merry in the moment. It is the combination of all those things that make it great, but without the company surrounding us those activities would suffer all the more for it. Sure all that stuff is individually pleasing and we all appreciate it but when we experience it as a community it resonates and impacts us greater. The school of Positive Psychology shows us that when we witness joys in others it greatly impacts our brain to increase the pleasure we are having in the experience. So take a room filled with all your favorite people experiencing bliss coupled with your own holiday merriment! This my friends is a truly special time of year.

That is why this year is so important. This year more than ever we need to be surrounded (even virtually) with those we love and cherish. With our comrades, our peers, friends, allies, frienemies and even your friendly demon scallywags always looking to increase the cheeky fun times. So come to the event. If not for the cool mystery box, if not for the fun recipes we usually get to eat that we now get to create, if not for the fun gift swap, then to see the smiles that you put on your friends faces when they see your holiday cheer after a long year.

I can’t wait to raise a glass with you all remember table 2 is where the fun is at.

See you under the mistletoe friends

Love and Respect

Cal/ Lord Syruss