Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Why I Want to Go: The Trial of the Gods

By Timothy Suitor (James Swift)


“Good Morning Campers-to-Be!  Lets see if we can put some pep in your step as we head in to see what Camp Despair has in store for us!  

There will be chances to earn Merit Badges galore!  I’m sure the trials for those will be...civilized.  I’m looking forward to the games and activities, and hopefully fighting against forces of darkness!

It also seems like there’s something we’ll need to we wary of, and we’ll have to figure out which among us might be possessed or even full-on demons.  

But as long as we keep our wits about us, we should be able to overcome, and have a great time at summer camp.  Pack sunscreen and bug spray, stuff for s’mores and plenty of water, and join us going to Camp Despair!  

Please.

Help… us...”

-An eerily chipper James Swift


As far as Tim, the player goes, this is looking like a fun event thrown by a solid staff, who is going to try to bring some cool mechanics into the mix.  I’m looking forward to seeing how it plays out.  The premise is one that takes me back to joyful youth going to camp, and I havent been able to stop getting giddy and excited and talking about it for weeks now, to a point that I’ve figured out a neat way to make sure my curmudgeony character Swift will be able to reflect how much fun I know I will be having.  

There are things to collect, and neat social deduction mechanics, cool encounters, twisted nostalgia, and its… ya know, AN EVENT!  It’ll be good to be back and swinging!  I hope y’all can make it!