Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Aeston's Cartography Corner Part 5 - Filling Out, Filling In

Hi everyone, it's been a while. I don't want you think I've been idle, however, since you've last heard from me. In today's map update you'll see the following nations have been added (in this order) Sharangil, Teng Hua, Hedenkries, Rathkeale, Folkestone, Grimloch, Neden, Blackwood (which includes Blackwood North and Blackwood West), Northern Alliance, and Stonewood. 

You know, I was afraid I was going to have to defend myself for how long it took me to do an official update but now that I look at that list, I think I can just let the results speak for themselves. Here, as always, is a link to what's online so far: https://www.realmsnet.net/maps


It's been a productive six weeks or so since I last published. I'm proud of the fact that I got so many nations represented in a lot of detail, and I am deeply appreciative of the members of those nations who took the time to work with me to put everything on the map.

I'd be lying, however, if I didn't tell you that the first place my eyes go to is all the empty space and the amount of work I have yet to do to bring this project to completion. I can't promise it will be something I can quickly do. What you see above is the result of, conservatively, about fifteen hours of work a week just working in CorelDraw, not counting the time having conversations with nation leaders and getting feedback on drafts. Miles to go before I sleep.

So based on the time it's taken so far and the reasonable prediction that as the weather warms up there will be less time to sit in front of a computer, I'd predict it's going to take the lion's share of 2022 to finish this project. But I'll just keep plugging away at it and showing you the progress periodically.

Thank you for all of you continued support.

In service,
Jason "Aeston" Rosa