Wednesday, February 15, 2012

10 Questions - Dano "Piper" Knobel


Dano "Piper" Knobel

Photo by Jammer Omega - 2012
How long have you been playing?
My first event was North/South War 2010, so I'm going on three years.

How has the game changed since you've been playing?
Well, I saw the rise and - much appreciated - fall of the Skirmisher (it made us healers feel useless).  I also was there at the premier of the Bard's College, a faction that I anticipate will bring about a new age in terms of storytelling and performances.  Let the competitions begin!

Who have you learned the most from?
Honestly, this is a tough one.  So many people were eager to help a fresh face in the Realms that I can't really single out one person.

What was your best moment IC?
Queen of Hearts 2011, Bardic Competition.  I put myself out in front of everyone and sang from my heart.  The entire room went quiet and for a few minutes, all eyes were on me.  I heard that I even brought a tear to some eyes.  Afterwards, the sincere compliments I got just made me realize that this is what Piper was going to be known for.  Who needs a piccolo anyway?

What was your best moment as a NPC/EH/Player? 
As an NPC:  This was my most memorable moment in the Realms ever.  It was at Folkestone Questing 2010.  I was a voodoo dancer/chanter with Kelsie Fantasia and we literally danced the night away to a very obnoxious and repetitive voodoo chant.  I swear we were there for 4 hours just trying to entice people to dance with us.  The next day, we heard PC's chanting our chant during questing and my life was complete. 

As a Player:  Getting voted into Folkestone.  They're my family.
 
Photo by Anna Pearson



















What would you like to see changed or developed more in game?
It would really make me giddy to see an IC ensemble of musicians emerge to perform at more than just one event per year.

What advice would you give new players?
Help out a complete stranger.  Before you know it, they could be your best friend.

What do you love most about the game?
The people.  Definitely the people.  They make a tight-knit community that is ready to jump into action to help someone out -- IC or not!  The people I met in the Realms make the experience so much better than I thought it ever could be.

Q: Who would you like to see the next interview be with?
Alexander Sokolowski or Janna Oakfellow-Pushee.

Q: Anything else you'd like to take the opportunity to put into print?
I was asked to compose a song for someone at Feast of Leviathon last month, but they never got back to me.  If anyone has information or wants to commission a piece, please, by all means shoot me an e-mail at dano.knobel@gmail.com.