Thursday, March 1, 2012

10 Questions - Dustin "Toah" Mack

Dustin "Toah" Mack 
 
How long have you been playing?
Started at Tournament of Blades in '09. TOC that year was my 2nd event.

How has the game changed since you've been playing?
I've seen plenty of spells altered/tweaked and some new ones added. I think combat was already pretty fast paced when I got in, at least based on what I hear about how it used to be. I've also seen a good number of new players come in, always a good sign for the future.

Who have you learned the most from?
Definitely learned little bits here and there from many many people. Keith/Saegen helped a lot, especially since he was one of the ones to get me into Realms. The only other I can remember specifically is James/Tao. I'm sure there have been others but I can't remember exactly.

What was your best moment IC?
As Toah, at one of the Folkestone Questing events, probably '09. We needed to break down a wall in the back of the fort thing, I was standing near the front when I hear everyone yelling for hammers. I just happened to have my giant hammer so I make my way to the wall holding the hammer up high through the crowd. I remember hearing a few cheers and stuff when they saw it come by. I get there and just kinda tap the wall causing it to burst open.

Photo by Jon Dussault



















What was your best moment as a NPC/EH/Player?
At the most recent Tournaments of Chaos, as The Jester, I went to see Phee and James Swift so Phee could teach me Call The Soul. I got the spell and went on with my day, until a while later when someone came out and said there were some scalped bodies found. I jumped at the chance to use my new spell and went to find the first body. When I saw it was Phee I thought it was kinda funny since she had just taught me the spell earlier. For those that don't know, my MC for this is 5 playing cards, 4 aces and a Joker. So I cast it and Phee pulls an ace to get her soul back, then I move on to the next pile of goo. Turned out it was Swift, which I also found amusing because he was there when I learned Call The Soul. When he pulled his card I noticed something interesting, Both James and Phee pulled the same card. The card they pulled? The ace of hearts.

What would you like to see changed or developed more in game?
I can't really think of anything, though I'm sure as soon as this is sent in I'll come up with like 10 things...

What advice would you give new players?
Talk to people. Whether its to get info on whats happening in the event, to learn more about the game, or just to meet new friends.

What do you love most about the game?
The people. I've made a lot of great friends in my short time in the Realms. Any time I go to an event, if I see certain people are there I know it will be a good time.

Who would you like to see the next interview be with?
James Swift

Anything else you'd like to take the opportunity to put into print?
Nothing I can think of.