Friday, June 19, 2015

Dear Tom, Chapter 4: Looking for Steel

Dear Tom,

Good news,  Baptise Butchery has found a market of willing buyers. Better news, it's in hell. I mean, given the look some people gave me I’m gonna be stuck there eventually so once someone offs me for the last time I should be swimming pretty.

Not sure why we went to hell, someone told us there was a awful person there. Turns out we need a lot more fighters. Which makes me feel bad as a 3-path as I am part of the problem but oh well, it's hard to find armor! I can’t just wear the leather of the undead… or can… no. No I can’t, don’t go down that road.

Turns out hell sucks! Who knew? They even have enslaved a human baby, much to everyone’s horror and my confusion. What’s the point in enslaving a baby? They can’t really do anything. Now you can kill them I guess but why? Death is shallow in the Realms but to define a life by murder will stain you with the same ink. It’s abhorrent, why I only use ‘wild’ meat.

Speaking of Wild Meat I snagged some prime demon cuts. I mean I didn’t kill them and if a body starts to rot the soul decomposes like the corpse.  You know everyone expects this to be spicy, I bet they aren’t, wouldn’t that be a gaff? Like you take a bit outta these and boom it's actually sweet with a hint of an almost whiskey taste?

More importantly it seems we are facing a critical lack of fighters, perhaps it was merely the absence of Grimloch but it’s become apparent that we need more fighters.Something I intend to help with but first I need to cast one last spell.

I did never get to pull off a ritual before.