Friday, February 5, 2016

10 Questions with Adam "Damion" Landry





How long have you been playing? 
19 years. Dan O'Neil (Hiro Yashida) brought my to my first event; Tournaments of Creathorne 97.
How has the game changed since you've been playing? 
The game itself has been remarkably consistent. The organization of spells might be different and the omnibus wordier but everything is fundamentally the same from when I started. I remember the View from Valehaven being a monthly half page zine with restrictions on how often you could contribute.


Who have you learned the most from?
I've learned most from the leaders I've followed; Kugen, Cinnabar, Jarrod, Blade and Jaha. Each of them had their own repertoire for handling challenges and problems and it gave me a large play book to pull from in the times I am called on to lead by rank or by example.
What was your best moment IC?
Cementing Grimloch's legacy of marital prowess by continuing to dominate the war tourney in spite of being a twenty to one underdog.
What was your best moment as a NPC/EH/Player?
With no legs and my sword impaling Blade, killing Yimmit with my marn to win the final fight of my gauntlet. Also, riding a unicorn.
What would you like to see changed or developed more in game?
A) Costuming. Both clothing and armor as well as props like latex weapons. John's no jeans initiative is a great program and I think it does a lot for immersion which in turn helps with... B) Role-playing. You can't role play without roles and what we have right now fighter with support caster, quester and self-sufficient aren't really roles but meta-games.
What advice would you give new players?
Don't let veterans bulldoze your ideas. Even if they say we tried that before, try it your way, do it better. If we like it things will change.
What do you love most about the game?
 love that this is a place where I feel at home with old friends I've known since the beginning and young ones I've only known a few years. The spring drive down route 4 towards Creathorne and the start of the season, being exhausted and sore after North/South, The long autumn afternoon of Queen's War. These have become the places I feel I belong at certain times of the year and are what I look forward to.
Who would you like to see the next interviews be with?
Please list three people. Cathy and Rob Hoskins, Tara Jackson and Steve Hinkle
Anything else you'd like to take the opportunity to put into print? 
I'd like to thank all the event holders who keep me entertained on weekends as well as the NPC's and Realms photographers! Lastly, a shoutout to all my brother and sisters in arms in Grimloch!