Friday, July 7, 2017

10 More Questions with.... Hannah "Nhadala" Blood


Nhadala - "Dala" - Or more popularly known as the "Salt Queen"

Photo by Casey Lemay

1) What achievement either in or out of character are you most proud of?

In character and out of character, I’m pretty proud of my improved fighting ability. I didn’t have much confidence as a fighter a year ago, but attending fight practice has changed everything. I never thought I’d be the kind of fighter I am now, and truly feel my improvement. Hoo-ray coordination!


2) Are you a fighter or a caster? Have you always been? How did you choose?

I came into the game in 2010 as a fighter, because the casting system confused me, haha. After a few injuries, I came back into the game as a 3-path in 2015! I really enjoy questing and tourneys as a caster, but honestly plan on going back to fighting... #MasterRace


3) Have you ever owned an artifact, memento, or magic item that has meant a lot to you, and why?

I’ve only ever owned one magic item, and it’s pretty neat. To me, it means that I worked hard to gain the item. It’s a mark of my own diligence.


4) What group of people do you spend the most time with and why?

Grimloch – because they are my favorite people, they help me improve myself in game and out, and who doesn’t love a beach day? I’m fiercely proud to call these people my family.


5) Who is your best friend in-character and why?


Nhadala spends a lot of time with questing with Doctor Boom and Damien, but also enjoys her conversations with Gordon and Kirk (when he’s not trying to kill her). 

Photo by Jesse Gifford

6) What event or moment had the greatest impact on you as a player?


Last ToC, beginning my petitioner journey for Grimloch.


7) What event or moment had the greatest impact on your character?


2016 Feast of Folkstone – “blacking out” and waking up with horns, and a mysterious taste of Purple.


8) What is your most embarrassing moment, either IC or OOC?


It would take a lot for me to be embarrassed enough to remember. I like to think those moments don’t matter, and forget about them.


9) What is the best piece of advice you'd give to other players?

Do what you want! Go with your instincts! Join that nation, be a fighter, be a caster, win the quest, enjoy nap quest! Do whatever makes you happy. 

Photo by Jesse Gifford

10) What is the most important thing you've learned through the game?

It might be a stretch, but through the game and people I’ve met in the Realms, I’ve learned that it’s okay to take time to relax. It’s okay to take time for myself, and that sometimes the best plan is to not have one.


BONUS QUESTION #1: Who would you like to see the next interview be with?

Del of Grimloch, my champion.


BONUS QUESTION #2: Anything else you'd like to take the opportunity to put into print?

Feel free to come talk with me in character!