Thursday, May 17, 2018

Why I Want to Go: Neden BBQ 3: Burgers, Bashing, and Besties

by Lani "Gwen" Jones
[Editor's Note: originally published on 4/11/18]

It’s finally here folks, my favorite season of the year--BBQ season! There are few things that I enjoy more than a fun relaxing day of food, games, and friends and Neden is helping us kick the season off with their third annual BBQ bash. Neden is known for serving some top notch grub, and I am coming with my appetite for all the classic standards and a spicy twist that promises to be unique and exciting.

Personally I’m thrilled to be in attendance this year because of the great things that I’ve heard about this event and others like it over the past few years. I got a small taste of the carnival at the Tournaments of Artemis and had a blast playing some mini games and enjoying the silliness. In addition, I have it on good authority that there will be a mix of standard BBQ lawn games and Realms tournaments to keep everyone entertained when they simply can’t eat any more. I also have heard from a reputable source that there will be an extra special tournament called the Neden Triple Crown that you have to see to believe how epic it will be. For those of you who like to gamble (and I know you are out there!) there will likely be a chance for you to test your luck and skill that way as well. And of course, what are tournaments and games without prizes, and word on the street is, some of them may be magical. This event has a little bit of everything to make sure that everyone has a good time.

During a time in the season when the weather has been rather dreary and we are all desperately awaiting spring, Neden is stepping up to provide us with a day of lighthearted fun and I know they will deliver just that. Their positive attitudes make it impossible not to smile and their dedication to providing content that is easy for everyone to engage with is what sets apart Neden events. As I write this, I’m already starting to smile more despite the snow, because I know that spending time with my Realms friends and family at a BBQ is exactly how I want to be spending next Sunday. I look forward to seeing you all there.