Friday, November 30, 2018

Humanizing the Realms: A Player Interview with Edward "Red" Lynch

Edward "Red" Lynch - Photo by Edward Lynch
1. What do you do outside of the game? What would you like to be doing? (Work, school, projects, etc.) 
Outside of game, I work work at a thrift store. It's not the best job, but I do find tons of useful garb bits here! I would like to go back to school eventually. Probably for art, maybe for computer science.


2. What hobbies do you enjoy other than LARP? 
Other than LARPing I draw and paint, and play video games. Mostly RPG's

Red teaching an NPC about a twig? - Photo by Robin Neilson

3. Favorite meal, dessert, and drink? 
Cheeseburgers, general Tso's chicken, coffee


4. If you could go on vacation anywhere, where would it be? Would you bring anyone? 
I've always wanted to visit Ireland! Maybe Josh and Rose? Maybe a boyfriend? Who knows?


5. Are you working on any life goals that you’re willing to share? 
Hmm... Nothing really comes to mind tbh


6. Favorite outfit other than garb? 
Black jeans, blue flannel, yellow beanie, blue peacoat. Best


7. Do you have any professional or personal skills you’d be willing to talk about? 
I'm a pretty good artist?


8. What drew you to the Realms, and what keeps you there? 
A friend brought me to a different LARP, and people from that LARP brought me to the realms! I stay bc I have a lot of friends in the game and tbh it's most of my social life haha

Red at ToC 24 - Photo by Michelle LaPlant

9. Favorite movies/shows/books? 
Batman Returns is my favorite movie... As for show, the Batman Animated Series, Futurama, and Bob's Burgers. My favorite book is Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman


10. If you happened upon 3 wishes, what would they be? (Wishing for more wishes doesn’t seem to work...) 
I only need one really. I'd wish for a book with endless pages that made anything I wrote in the book come true. Boom. Infinite wishes. #likeaboss