Friday, January 4, 2019

Humanizing the Realms: Toryn "Toryn" Vazquez

Queen of Hearts 2017

1. What do you do outside of the game? What would you like to be doing? (Work, school, etc.) 
Outside of the game, I'm a Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide. I'd much rather be a full-time Oncology student. I'm also a musician, and have an album recorded and released with my last band.


2. What hobbies do you enjoy other than LARP?

Well... Music is a huge hobby of mine. My personal goal is to play every instrument in the world at least once, and I have a good number already under my belt. I'm also an artist, but stopped in rust at the moment. I'm a big Gaymer; RPG's being what makes up most of my gaming experience.





3. Favorite meal, dessert, and drink?  

Sushi is my favorite meal. The Fruit Pie my grandmother used to make... that will always be my favorite dessert. Non-Alcoholic preference is Unsweetened Iced Tea. Alcoholic preference is Malibu and pineapple juice, but also that one drink I had at Feast of Grimloch. You know the one.


4. If you could go on vacation anywhere, where would it be? Would you bring anyone? I'll be going to Puerto Rico to visit my Aunt in May, so if I have to choose a location other than that, I'd probably travel to Ireland. I wasn't really able to learn much about my Irish side for most of my life, so I'd love to do that. I'd probably take my father, PJ, with me. It'd be a nice little adventure.


5.
Are you working on any life goals that you’re willing to share? 
No. :D

6. Favorite outfit other than garb? 

Jeans, Tank Top, and a nice Button-Up Shirt. I'm also wearing a black hoodie most often. I often forget it isn't actually my skin.


7. Do you have any professional or personal skills you’d be willing to talk about? Professional Skills: I've been in Nursing for 7 years. I know a thing or two.
Personal Skills: I can play any instrument I touch.




8. What drew you to the realms, and what keeps you there?

My father, PJ, brought me into the realms 14 years ago. The details are blurry, but I remember being a little shit at my first event. I threw a single short into the air... and it came down to pipe Henry Giasson in the face. He might've been upset, but I wasn't sure. I was too busy being an 11 year old. A few things keep me coming back event after event. 

My friends; I've met so many amazing people, and the idea of being able to spend a weekend with them excites me so much. 


Roleplaying; Playing someone who isn't me, but is like me is fun. Interacting with the other characters of the Realms, and questing with these characters is enjoyable. 


My nation; It took me so long to get where I am. Fighting with the same group of people year after year for 13 years has finally paid off. Though my character has only recently received his A, I've always felt like part of the family.


9. Favorite movies/shows/books?

The Lion King is my favorite movie. I don't often watch TV, but when I did, Charmed was my favorite show. My favorite books are the Inheritance Series. (Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, Inheritance)


10. If you happened upon 3 wishes, what would they be? (Wishing for more wishes doesn’t seem to work...) 

I wish for the world to always be at peace. I wish happiness for every living creature. I wish long and fulfilling lives for all of my friends, my family, and every stranger I've ever met, or will ever meet.