Thursday, August 15, 2019

Why I Want to Go: Chimeron Questing XXVII- Big Trouble in Little Chimeron

by Adrian "Cronin" Cronin


Chimeron Questing last year, in my opinion, created some of the most memorable moments of the season. The purification of people and old artifacts like Wrake's finger bone and the fall of Artemis from the heavens announcing the coming Strangers War. A dreaming quest whodunnit murder mystery party with some of the greatest RP I've seen from people and NPC's. Not one, but TWO trials from adventurers committing crimes within the lands of Chimeron, again stoking some INCREDIBLE role-playing and stories that I still tell around the campfire. And the final push against the Risen Kingdom to name a few.

The best part is that this is only a summary of SOME of what I experienced. Not to mention other adventurers left with far different tales to tell. I remember the car ride home, breaking down our experiences it sounded like we hit different events, but all with grand smiles on our faces.

This is what open-world Questing is about. Lots of things going on all at once. Where your choices affect the outcome and chance encounters are everything.

I can't wait to return to the lands of Chimeron as Cronin. To talk strategy against the Risen Kingdom alongside Orion. To unravel the mysteries of the fae alongside my fellow adventurers. To check in on intrigue from last year and see what lasting effects our efforts have made. And most of all, to adventure in a classical style and make some memories.

I also hear there will be a lifeguard on duty for swimming which is very exciting.

Hope to see you there!