Friday, August 21, 2020

Home Questing: The 14th Task - Results!

by Christopher "Janus" Donnelly 


Hello, and welcome to the 14th edition of Home Questing.  I challenge people to try and attract an Yosei Arborisuto.  Let’s see what people did.

From Cressida was this:



From Del’Hemar submitted the following:

I planned three seeds.  One in the forest near my local nature trail, (no photo) one beside the trail with the benediction "child of the fruit bearer, grow strong beside this trail,  bring shade to the traveler and respite to the weary. Grow tall and bear fruit for the travelers,  and when you're ready,  join me in in my fight and bring peace to my friends."




The third seed i planted in a planter to transplant if/ when it grows.  With the benediction "little cherry seed,  fruit bearing brother,  grow strong in my sight. I keep you close so I may watch over and protect you.  Grow tall,  and bear fruit,  and when you're ready,  join us in our struggles."






Jerrick Jerrickson had his own approach:
A Jerrickson born,
A new apple tree planted.
To grow through their life.

It heralds the life,
A forest of family
Together always

And death follows life
I know where I'll be buried
An orchard graveyard

Apple trees bare fruit
That loved ones can still enjoy
And feel family

So I plant this tree
And when your ready, welcome,
Arborisuto





And finally from myself came this:


Earlier I mentioned that there wasn’t going to be a normal judging this week, and that is still the case.  For this week, the doing is more important than the being.  But, everyone who has participated this week shall earn 10 points.  In addition, I feel those who participated may be getting a small visitor in the near future.

Oh, and for those wondering about the current scores:


DelHemar
135.5
Cressida
125
Saka
22
Laika en'Naur
20
Iawen
20
Aeston, Areni, and Gwen
18.5
Kovaks
15
Bart
11
Vawn
10
Syruss
10
Jerrick Jerrickson
10
Luc-Dubois Coupant
9
Osa
8
Kwido
6
J'reth
5
Nalydros
5
Rosetta
5
Sagart Hawkshade
5
Tarun Ul-Sikar
5
Thayet
5
Orion
4
Vanduke
4
King Alexander Cecil
2.5
Jace
2
Kara Nithisdottir
1.5
Thoril
1.5


See you next week!