Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Why I Want To Go: Trial of the Gods.

It’s been a long quarantine. We’ve all spent long hours missing our people, and picking up new or old hobbies to keep ourselves busy. Finding new games, like Among Us, or new shows like Blood of Zeus to keep our minds engaged and our social life, somewhat active. 

I don’t know about you, but beyond the social aspects of our game, I’ve been hungering for the story. The deep and complex lore that our writers have provided over the years has always scratched an itch for me, that no tv show, book, or movie really could. I mean, with a couple exceptions to make the rule, naturally. 


Seriously, you could spend hours reading in the Library of Ivory, learning all sorts of things. About nations. About Gods. About Legends. 


Laika did this. Digging through our lore. Seeing a need for our game to come together, even digitally, and finding a trend in the popularity in games like Among Us. He’s brought together an event for our community to enjoy. And I’m so excited to see how it plays out. 


I’ve gotten a little bit of a view behind the scenes, and I can tell how much work he’s put into it. Taking the time to come up with interesting mechanics. Staying true to the Lore of our game, and considering how it might play out as a story for us to interact with. 


This is going to be a great event to get some story out of. To build your character around. To have some adventure in general. People are going to have a good time, and I hope you end up among us, for it. 


If you like social deduction games, like Werewolf, or Among Us, if you miss your community, and if you just want a story to tell, then I hope to see you at the event. 



~Keith “Saegan” Cronyn