Thursday, January 13, 2022

Why I Want To Go: Leviathan

 You have a reason to go to Feast of Leviathan, I might not be able to tell you what it is; as there are so many reasons to be had, but you have a reason to go. 


I’ll tell you why I’m going, and in that maybe you’ll discover your own reasons. I’m going because of the political stage. There are few other occasions that gather so many people, and sometimes I have business. Leviathan is great for business. Come for the business. 


I’m going for the food. Lord Sir Gwen has let me in on some of the secret magics of the kitchen. I’m not going to tell you what they are, but I will tell you she made whisper of one of my very favorite foods; one that even might usurp the famous Croque en Bouche. Which honestly, at this point would be felling a legend. Can I say in my mouth, or does that make it mean something different?


There  one more  reason, beyond any sense of community, or game, or celebration, that I would make sure to be at Leviathan, and that is because we will be memorializing the loss of a dear friend of mine. Of ours. Of mine. Dave “Vawn” Hayden. We will be doing a Viking funeral, with fire and water, and spoken word. And if it would mean something to you, to remember and say goodbye, I would hope you would go. 


KFG


Keith “Saegan” Cronyn