Thursday, June 16, 2022

Why I Want to Go - The Gilded Lion and Silver Branch Summer Festival

by Amber "Tarnisha" Fox

What could be more fun than attending a local seasonal festival? Attending an IC Realms festival with dozens of your friends!!

It is going to have a bit of everything, and it is going to be low key enough to bring the kids, and I'm breaking out my fancy summer garb and parasol.

This is going to be a simply splendid event.

TeaTime with Princess Cimone, and elegant Black&White style dancing (don't worry they teach as ya go. Super easy, super fun). My kid will love both of those.

There are going to be food! So much food. Did you hear the rumors of smoked pulled pork sliders? I did, Yum! And it's gonna be a non-stop parade of food then dinner. Gwen is cooking, so you know it's gonna be good. 

There is going to be fighting stuff too. Single and group tournaments, and a gladiatorial monster pit. My kid is too little for the Tournies, but the monster pits... maybe. We will see how ferocious she is feeling.

I heard that there might be a formal duel between 2 heros! Bring your popcorn!! Place your bets!!

There is going to be Traders there, and gambling tables, and like 3 different plot things to work on -Time snarls, Rosetta's new Rune, and Gi Void portals.

Oh, and there will be CubCare-- awesome activities to keep the kiddos very happy when they aren't doing the other stuff... (Psst, if you stop by to 'help out' you get to do art too, but you might have to open markers and paint pots for the wee ones.)

I am super excited and want to do all the things, and talk to all the people, and take my kid around to do all her things. 

So come say hi to me. I'll be the fancy lady (Shoot! Is Zarine coming? I don't know...) the fancy lady with a fancy kid.

-Lady Tarnisha