Thursday, July 21, 2022

What You Missed - Countess Naralia’s Fun and Games

by Renee "Kindrianna" Booke


It was a long journey north for my countryfolk and I, but we were happy to arrive in Creathorne unscathed. I had packed myself a little picnic basket to enjoy just in case my dignified royal cravings took over during the festivities and I felt tempted to liberate someone else’s snacks, but I would quickly find it wasn’t needed. The people of Creathorne, and Countess Naralia, were generous hosts, and there was much food and drink to share to everyone’s delight. Burgers. Hot Dogs. And CAKE!

I sat with Acolyte Stewhart in the sun, narrowly avoiding the throwing axes that I had foolishly chosen to be near. Needless to say, I promptly moved so as not to lose life or limb in an inconvenient and painful fashion. I will say, however, that many of the axe throwers demonstrated excellent skill and control and did not brutally maim me which I was quite pleased about.

Tournaments and Poker were announced, and I watched people sign up and go off to gamble. Preferring to keep my coin, I thought I was going to continue and enjoy my lazy afternoon, but then, as these things tend to go, I was voluntold that I should be of assistance in a dungeon challenge. Squire Gordon, Magi Swift, Lord Sir Elwin, and I set off to conquer the test, but at the last minute, we lost one of our team to another calling. Determined to see the task through, three of us went in anyway.

We fought back several enemies while trying to solve puzzles in the heat of combat. Through teamwork, we fended off the beasties. I was able to safely navigate the tight corridor from behind my Ward and provide support, but it was the combination of Swift’s timely use of Enfeeble Being combined with Elwin’s blade that ultimately cleared our path.

Once I returned to spectate and observe the tourney field, I watched several matches in different weapon styles. There were single combatants and small group tournaments. I was proud to watch my friends and countryfolk compete, and I must compliment Sagart on his 1st place Hand and a Half victory, as well as Stewhart, Avendar, and Laika who took 1st place in the Three-Man tourney. To my knowledge, it was Tao who took 1st Place in the Poker game with Avendar coming in 2nd. A job well done to all competitors!

At the end of the day, Awards and Prizes were given out, and there was also a very special moment for one Cronin (Kevin Legace) who was made a Knight of the Steward. Congratulations to you, Cronin!

All in all, it was a very fun time, and I thank Countess Naralia for making us all feel welcome. I hope another adventure will take me through again sooner rather than later.