Thursday, July 7, 2022

Why I Want to Go- Feast of Chimeron 27.5

 by Renee "Kindrianna" Booke


There is much to celebrate in the Realms, and what better way to commemorate a momentous victory than with a feast? This will be the first time that many of us have set foot in the lands of Darkvale since the lands were reclaimed, and since a new Count was appointed to oversee the once disputed territory.

Chimeron’s annual feast always promises a wide array of tasty treats, and this year the menu is more catered to personal tastes. Guests get to choose a salad, a sandwich, a side, and a sweet from a list of 4+ selections. I am quite looking forward to sinking my teeth into an ALT (Avocado, Lettuce, and Tomato sandwich).  In fact, even if they just put avocado on a plate (which they won’t, because Chimeron is far classier than what I’m used to), I’d probably be very happy about it.

The feasting will mostly be outdoors, so I am hoping for a nice sunny spot on the grass where I can get cozy. However, I have been warned to expect the unexpected within Chimeron, so I suspect that there might be some adventure afoot. Putting together a small team of 3-5 people seems a prudent thing to do just in case we must quickly deploy. 

In addition to the food, feasts are also the perfect time to catch up with friends, and fellow adventurers. I love to hear stories about what my companions have accomplished, or what they are striving for in our time apart. Sometimes, when I’m lucky, I even get to meet new people. Will you be one of them?

I look forward to the coming gathering and all that it promises. Time together is a precious thing and a gift that I do not take for granted. It is almost as good as avocado, which is saying something since avocado is pretty good.

Hope to see you there!