Friday, September 30, 2022

Why I Want to Go - Here Today, Gi Tomorrow

The Risen Kingdom is one of those plots that I’ve had the opportunity to play in, but have also managed to miss some of the events. And I was asking myself why that feels so big, that I’d missed some, and it’s because of the depth and level of detail put into the series. 


Some year ago, I was gifted with the ability to clarify information about the series, via rumors, and I got everything out of that ability I could. And the marshals made it easy because for every minute nuanced bit of information I wanted  they had an answer without much contemplation or discussion. Which is absolutely a credit to the team.


A team that works hard to develop interesting mechanics and lore for the player base, that innovates the use of technology and science to explain magic in our realms world, in fun and interesting ways. 


I’m excited for this event because it’s the first time we will get to take the war to the Risen Kingdom itself, as someone who was at the event that sealed off their portal to us, I wanted to invade them then and there. As a warrior that’s my instinct, so taking the fight to them feels right. 


Lastly I’m excited to check out the Dreamliner, I’ve heard that it’s similar to Star Trek, and that has my imagination a whirl. I’ve played many games that simulate the command of a ship, and that’s sort of what comes to mind for me. I am about it. 


Anyway, I can’t wait to see what they have in store for us, and I can’t wait to see you on the field! 


Keith “Saegan” Cronyn


-------------


Ah, The Risen Kingdoms, a topic of research that has recently risen my interest. Unfortunately, due to some pressing duties I will not be able to take part in the expedition this weekend. However, that does not mean that you can’t go, and I highly recommend that you do! The Risen Kingdoms has been a longstanding threat to the Realms and while they have seemingly been inactive recently that is beginning to change. There have been reports of Risen Kingdom soldiers appearing around Darkvale and that is in addition to whatever they are doing on the demi-planes. This expedition is a valuable time to both gather more intelligence on the Risen Kingdoms activities as well as hinder them. 


P.S.

I have been told it is a decisively bad idea to touch anything dealing with void magic, but, I mean, if you have to, make sure to write down what happens!


- Thei "Elora" Riley