VICTORY! THE HEROES OF THE REALMS SAVED MAKHTA!..... and I totally didn't have surprise children and I am NOT a deadbeat dad....... Ok ok, I'll talk about what happened. So night one is a little hazy. You see, we made a point to explain to everyone who showed up to venture out to find the dream forge. Unfortunately I was almost immediately left for dead as my friends ventured forth. It was at this point I remembered why I love the spell Death Watch, thinking how they were going to move the dream forge or do much of anything without the one person that could pick it up as per Morpheus. This amused me.
**This is where we shift into a semi IC role as staff was kind enough to turn Aiden into a thrall that wouldn't retain any of his memory once fixed and return him to the class at some point down the path as we giggled as the players just kept on going joyously.** So as my friends found me I wanted to show them the path ahead was clear and somehow I got so far ahead of them they were really slacking. To which about half of them wandered down to where I said I came from, and died. I really don't know how to explain it. People were saying there was a vampire or something and they just couldn't affect it but they had to have been pulling my leg. We found the dream forge and returned to life this smith. Adventure over night one.
Day two was a bit of an odd time. I awoke early as I was making stuff at a table. There were a bunch of little squid creatures- some smiling and I did not ask questions. As people woke and joined me I simply repeated- "Welcome to the dreaming we must have screwed up ‘cause things are weird around here..." This answer seemed to more than satisfy most everyone to the delight of everyone. Many took one as a new friend, for science. So almost immediately I heard my name being called…. A very familiar scolding from my former wife Belle of Blackwood. But it wasn't quite her. It was a full sized raccoon carrying two children. It's important to note Belle was a fae when there was a marriage she had become a raccoon after the divorce and that's a whole other matter. “TAKE YOUR KIDS YOU BASTARD! YOU RAN OFF AND I NEED A BREAK!” she yelled, shoving two raccoon children into my arms and stormed off. Well damn this is not ok. It was at this moment I realized the year before the fae took notice and I was experiencing my own personal nightmare and everyone was going to learn some things about me today.
Venturing out, everyone seemed to have woken in a maze. Everything on me that was stealable including both my dream trash pandas (lets see how many funny names I can make up about them). This was bad because I figured I should keep an eye on them. Also being unarmed was not my idea of a chill day and the fae were having a grand old time with me. Apparently this was par for the course for everyone. As we linked up with each other there were some people with all the weapons, some people were running from beings because they were unarmed. It was pretty much bedlam. Vuel and I attempted to work together but I kept seeing bubbles and couldn't focus. Aelias and Liselle were with us and somehow she had been turned into a necromancer. Aelias was really not ok with it and at this point I was doing my best to help but not totally against this cool different version of my friend. Belle also kept popping up to crack comments and be a general distraction while refusing to take our nightmare children back.
(OOC note: it was at this point the staff where openly joking with me that the PCs were a bigger hazard to me than the staff were and the regular joke was that Aiden is a deadbeat dad that abandons his kids by the PCs at this point)
Along the path we noticed a demon with a guitar, I questioned a lot at this point. Like why did Lupa have a trombone (OOC: I’m not kidding, it's amazing what people keep in the trunks of their car at events). I’m not sure who was dreaming about ice cream but that happened and I got a solid 20 minutes of ice cream, an interesting being named Joy as well as no baby mama drama. This was not the case for long.
SO here we are folks and chained to the dungeon walls. Kids on the other side with guards preparing to torture them WHILE I WATCHED! Oh wait, here comes Vuel and Lupa who will totally help me out. Nope…. He emasculated the guards and basically pushed them aside and tortured my kids in front of me. (OOC: At this time I would like to apologize to any player not into curse words but you tell me how to play THAT out) After Vuel has finished eating the last eyeball we were back outside. My dream bastards were back and Vuel was smiling because now everything had been fixed and the three of us had a fun bonding moment of sorts.
It was at this point we joined with everyone and apparently they were figuring out why they couldn't find a thrall all day that needed to be fixed for some reason. Now everyone remembers I'm a thrall from the night before and fixes the issue.
**From here I am explaining in full IC perspective because I rolled with it that I had little to no memory of my time as thrall**
So why do I have raccoon children now? Vuel only told me he was going to eat them…. And why is Belle here? And a fae again? And why does she think she’s an Idarin and Dark is alive and very much bullshit with me? Also what the name of holy hell has happened to Ryu? Then a name from the past returned. A friend named Shartie with an uncanny ability to pop in at random. We made a deal to end the nightmare I was having and the fog had lifted. Everyone was fighting with Makhta and Dark Ryu.
After a long bitter fight that drained everyone, I was in a room with locks with others attempting to help pick locks. Eventually I was back with everyone and Makhta was saved. Someone had accidentally set off a wayland bomb that had messed up about half of us fairly bad. Omri found me and we forged a weapon with help of those that remained. From here was the end of things for me but on a plus I was informed the weapon was in Makhta’s hands. So pretty good ending overall.