Friday, November 14, 2014

Fireside Chat with Iawen(s)

Normally when I sit down with someone, I prefer to do it in a tavern.  There's something about the smell of meat, beer and warm bodies that sets me at ease.  The background chatter, the opening of the door to usher in a new face, it all sets a scene perfect for intimate conversation.
However, I had a hard time finding Iawen.  I sent out a missive.  And got these answers.  Three of them.  To preserve the feeling of these responses, I have left them pretty intact.  Because of this, the final letter has swearing, and more swearing.  Plus a mildly risqué tone.   If anyone can fill me in on what is going on with Iawens, please fill me in.
I don't know about you, but I am intrigued.  -T

Greetings, Dame Twenaria.

Photo by Robyn Nielsen
Where are your parents today?  My father is dead, but in the Afterlife he is a winged messenger for the gods.


My mother is as good as dead, she rules in Danaan.

If you could be granted any wish, what would it be? The ability to never forget anything that I've experienced in the Realms. Not a damn thing.

What does your bedroom look like?  It's a one-bedroom house here in Wendmor. I rent or work in various places within the Realms, but my place in Wendmor is wood and stone, with a fireplace, one bookshelf and mantle, some hooks to hang things, beams to keep up the house and to dry things... a really sturdy cot that I've enjoyed with many different blankets I've received as gifts over the years.  A small, low to the ground table, a chair and a footstool, and old pillows.  A door... one window with shutters. A curtain I made myself. There's an outhouse toward the wood line if one needs it.

Explain your personal heraldry to us.  If you mean my Knights of the Eternal Flame belt, I already did that with Areni Stromgate, and 'tis a long description. If you mean an actual personal heraldry, I'm still working on that so one day I can earn a shield from the Round Table (if it still exists by then).

What nation are you in and why did you join it?  That's a... loaded question.  Technically, I am both in Eagle's Rook (Librarian/Historian) and in Coventry (Rank #3). I did this while split into five versions of myself, and both leaders are fuzzy about whom I swore to when... at the moment, it is mostly Coventry as I have a vow to the Prince to uphold until Coventry is five years old.  After that, I have plans to return to Eagle's Rook if the Prince has no need of my service.

How do you earn your gold?  By fortune-telling(donations), crafting dream-catchers or other small talisman for people, winning treasure in auctions... that's about it as I'm abysmal at gambling and stealing/searching.

Who do you admire most and why? With all due respect, my lady, that's a personal question I'm unfit to share at this time.

Tell me about your first adventure? ...my first 'official' adventure was 'Tienna Mushroom Square' as they called it, where the Realms had to get the Duke of Slime to agree to fight for Owen McKrye, or at the very least not fight against his armies.  It was where the (now late) King Pyr of Chimeron broke Morax over his knee into five pieces (two large, three shards), and my (now late) father, Nero, congratulated him on making the right choice concerning the Faeries.  I gathered up the three shards and put them in my pouch, in case the King ever changed his mind and wanted to repair the Wayland blade. He didn't. I kept the pieces and still have them to this day. I also became a Wayland Regionalist not long after.

In every life, there is a defining moment.  Tell us about yours.  I... can't. I really can't.  I apologize, my lady: at this time of year, it hurts me too much. You may seek me out at the Black & White at night, if you ever wish to see the moment like I do (once a year), or just to hear the tale.

Where and how do you spend your time when you're not adventuring?  Raising Antioch's (the god of Magic) second daughter, Danielle in mostly Wendmor, sometimes Eagle's Rook, Folkestone, Ivory, or Pax Tharkus.  That's also usually where I do most of my writing for the various Libraries as well.  I read and write and learn and memorize... it's what I do.

May Xaos send your enemies into the Void before you,
- Iawen

****************************And then I got this missive  -T ****************************************

Photo by Ian Struckoff

A very warm harvest greeting to you, Dame Twenaria.  Let's see how well I can answer this stormy night!

Where are your parents today?  My father, Nero, and my mother, Nimbus Borealis Bouquet, have both passed on from the Realms.

What does your bedroom look like?  My foundation is the ground, my blanket the air, my view is the sky. I'm pretty satisfied with it.

Explain your personal heraldry to us.  I have none.

What nation are you in and why did you join it? Coventry, because at the time I wished to be closer to those who fell in with Aurora's pantheon, such as Faelinn Shadowmoon and Amergin.  Coventry's been idle recently for unknown reasons, but such is the way of Life; its ebb and flow always changes.

How do you earn your gold? Randomly.

Who do you admire most and why? Cannot think of someone at the moment.

Tell me about your first adventure ...my first adventure was realizing I wanted to live, to exist outside of the world Nero and Bouquet had created in an effort to avoid Wrake and his army. It was a verbal fight for my life, to convince Southern adventurers that I deserved a chance as much as anyone else.  Sir Randal the Light, in the end, helped to convince Zeek McKrye and others in a way I never could. I'm forever grateful. All this took place in Kerah-Rhime, which some used to call Northern Paradise. The gathering was referred to as 'Hypothermia' in 1004.

In every life, there is a defining moment.  I swore silence when I was whole, but at the moment I'm not.  Still, you're better off getting the story from another, if they respond.

Where and how do you spend your time when you're not adventuring?  Racing and hunting and generally enjoying the free life of a shape-shifter around the Realms, now that Bedlam is gone.

I'll be at the Black & White, if you'd like to talk more. Luna guide you!
- Andromeda (Iawen Penn, Andromeda is the name King Pyr gave me.)



*******This one came soon after.  Please note there is MATURE CONTENT below  - T ***********


Yo, Twen! It's-a me, Sir Iawen Andromeda Penn! (S.i.a.p.)

Photo by Jesse Gifford
Where are your parents today?  Totally dead and gone. Good riddance for one of them. Still miss Dad, though. Sometimes.
If you could be granted any wish, what would it be? - HAHAHA, to put a lock on my soul so that if anyone ever attempts to split me into five people again, it would happen to them instead.  Or, you know, that I could become the personal Avatar of Diskordia instead so that way I never have to deal with this bullshit ever again. The others are so emo and WHINY, y'know?

What does your bedroom look like?  Right now I'm crashing in L'havre de Foret since Laurante lets me kick it there whenever. You should visit at least once. Fucking hilarious times!

Explain your personal heraldry to us.  I have a personal heraldry? Well, not that I'm aware of...?  See, I really like purple, black, and silver, due to me starting in Paradise, but as I got older and more experienced, eventually I felt I had to distance myself from all that drama and bullshit, so I chose colors people don't wear too often: dark blue as a nod to Eagle's Rook, and yellow/gold because it matches well and no one's stolen my bright yellow stuff yet. ;)  I actually am not even a fan of gold, but it works out, I guess. I still love silver and copper, too, and black... hmm... I guess I'd wear whatever if I could, but then people always ask me, "Aren't you...?" and I'm like for FUCK'S SAKE how can you not recognize this face?!  -- I'm allowed to swear, right?

What nation are you in and why did you join it? Well, one would argue Eagle's Rook, another Coventry. Once upon a time, Pieces of Me swore to two nations. I'd laugh but it's actually fucking annoying because both of them aren't really around to answer those questions on the 'why'.  You see, my squire killed Eris Me (Sir A) and she's been long sent to Eris.  The Tymore/Tyche/Fortuna/Shark-bait one, she's been stuck on that Shadow Plane since pretty much Feast of Leviathan this past January 1014, and there was all the bullshit with Jonas Cooke, and now Shadow Magic is out and about, and Shadow is the Master of ...Shadow? and it's all fucked up, Twensies. All fucked up.

How do you earn your gold? Can't remember the last time I 'made' any gold; I know I had to borrow some from Sir Theran or Therian or Pteranadon what-have-you not long ago to try and acquire a sword, but I ended up giving it all back because I don't even have a buckler yet. Two years I've been waiting on a buckler shield, man. Seriously. 

Who do you admire most and why? Anyone who puts up with me without stabbing my ass after fifteen minutes has got my admiration.

Tell me about your first adventure There are toooooooo many that blur together - but if you mean my first sexual adventure, it was when Syruss of Grimloch spiked the mashed potatoes at Feast of Min with Love Poison. I was attempting to recruit Ender into Southern Paradise and Chimeron, and instead when the Love Poison took over, I ended up banging him instead. Of course, Gryf saw it all and ruin it by breaking us up. Gryf ruins everything; fuck that guy.

In every life, there is a defining moment.  Tell us about yours.  Hmm... quite a few, although I gotta say, one defining moment I had was doing Queen of Hearts this year. After seeing how many people were willing to bust ass for me, I don't really want to go back to what I was. "You like me! You really, really like me!" Viva la Diskordia!

Where and how do you spend your time when you're not adventuring?  Doing whatever the hell I want, usually baking cookies, and let me tell you: it is GLORIOUSLY FREEING to not have a family making you be at their beck and call.

Peace! - S.i.a.p. (Sir Iawen Andromeda Penn)