Friday, September 8, 2017

10 More Questions with... Adam "Damion" Landry

Photo courtesy of Jesse Gifford

1) What achievement either in or out of character are you most proud of?
As a teenager it would be getting my first magic item. In my 20s itd be making a name for myself as a compitent fighter. Now, I'd say looking at all the memories and friendships I've made over 20 years.

2) Are you a fighter or a caster? Have you always been? How did you choose?
I started as a rogue and ended up breaking restriction for plot, never went back to casting after that.

3) Have you ever owned an artifact, memento, or magic item that has meant a lot to you, and why?
I still have my original omnibus from 1997. Its significantly thinner than this years. It always makes me wonder how much of the game we could remove and still keep the essence of the realms.

4) What group of people do you spend the most time with and why?
Grimloch. Hands down best in and out of character atmosphere.

5) Who is your best friend in character and why?
Damion has made a lot of friends over 20 years.

6) What event or moment had the greatest impact on you as a player?
My first event as a teenager; ToC 97. I knew how to play the game before coming but everything else blew my mind.

7) What event or moment had the greatest impact on your character?
An event or two after I went fighter. I had a full set of armor and realized that while rogues were technically powerful because they had more options, fighters were powerful because you didnt die or if you did you werent dead for long.

8) What is your most embarrassing moment, either IC or OOC?
Summer of 98 there was a goblin hunt at Andy's and I was fighting Jeremy who was NPC'ing - I was still a rogue sorcerer remember back pedaling and tripping over the fire-pit i had made at Creathorne the year before.

9) What is the best piece of advice you'd give to other players?
Before you learn to do anything else well in this game, learn to call your shots. The core of this community is built around trust and calling shots correctly is the best thing you can do to build that trust.

10) What is the most important thing you've learned through the game?
Eventholders have a demanding job that they do out of love and devotion and do not get a tenth of the recognition they deserve for the ammount of time, effort, and money they put in.

BONUS QUESTION #1: Who would you like to see the next interview be with?
Jeremey Monmaney / Boom

BONUS QUESTION #2: Anything else you'd like to take the opportunity to put into print?
Frost heaving (or a frost heave) is an upwards swelling of soil during freezing conditions caused by an increasing presence of ice as it grows towards the surface.