Thursday, May 9, 2019

Feast of Chimeron's Garb Contest

By Kim "Mayumi" Coffey, based on written entries and oral presentations by each participant

Found Item Outfit


Mave Moonstrider [Winner]

Total Cost: $50
On their 18th birthday, daughters of the Moonstrider family don the ceremonial cloak of crescent and go on a pilgrimage to seek the goddess Luna and to become a priestess in her name.



Evitta (Evie) Jainrose

Cost: $0
My gold belt originally belonged to my mother, from when my family resided on the Isle of the Seven Sons. She purchased it from a famed blacksmith who lived down the road from our residence. He was well known for being one of the only villagers to adventure in the Realms, in pursuit of coinage to provide for his family. This way of living was revered by the rest of the villagers, who were too fearful of the outside world to leave their cozy Island.











Pattern Based


Elena Llwellyn [Winner]

Cost: $30 and Stash Fabrics
Crafting Time: 15 hours
I earned the fabrics during my travels in the eastern lands as an Entertainer. When I arrived here, I realized my old clothing was terribly worn and set about making myself something new. The resulting outfit will be well cared for, and I will cherish the generosity of the people in the East that helped me create it.












Tao

Cost: $45
Crafting Time: 7 Hours
I needed a new shirt for over the chainmaille I’ve recently taken to wearing, so my wife made this one for me.
















Melethielle (Mel)

Cost: $20 and Stash Fabrics
Crafting Time: (Over the course of one week)
In my travels north, I met many insectifae and marveled at their fashions. My new friends brought me shopping for linens and corsets to bring my wardrobe forward to suit the far northern styles.














All photo credits: Dennis and Kim Coffey