Thursday, July 15, 2021

Why I want to go: Blackwood Tournaments

I need to pitch Blackwood Tournaments. I don’t need to consider my reasons carefully, I have too many reasons to go to this event. 

Blackwood Tournaments was the first event I held in this game. I was a squire to the knights of Blackwood, and I was knighted on the field that day. And I’ve been knighted there since that time. 


I’ve spent nights laughing with my friends in the tavern, or around the fire. I have fond memories of yelling “Ashenmark day!” As the fireworks go off against the night sky. 


I have memories. 


But I also know what’s going on behind the scenes. The absolute bustle of work that the people of Blackwood have been busting out to get this event ship shape for the grand reopening of the realms. 


Meetings that seem to go on for maybe 8 hours at a time. 


And it is a grand reopening. The realms is returning after a hiatus, for the good of the community. After a year and a half we can come together again, and just enjoy each other. Engage in the game. Engage in the story. Get lost in the magic of LARP. 


And the story! Oh the story, I wish I could tell you. That would be tipping my cap a little too far. I’d be giving away the deep secrets then. I think it’s going to make waves in the community though. 


It’s been a dream of mine for some time to tell a story that would leave lasting memories for my players. Something they look back on. Like one of the greats. My Blackwood plot staff think I’m mad. Not for wanting to try. But for what happens when I do. 


And I’d be remiss to skip over the tournaments! It’s a tournament event after all. I’m excited to get us back out there. To fight off the rust from our hiatus. 


To help the community feel safe to come together again. 


I’m excited for Blackwood Tournaments. 


And I will absolutely see you on the field.


Keith “Saegan” Cronyn