Wednesday, October 5, 2022

10 Questions with Adam "Tulkhan/Elric" Blaisdell

10 Questions with Adam Blaisdell 
(aka Tulkhan/Elric)


1) How long have you been playing?

I have been playing since I was 5 years old, so roughly 22 years. 

photo by Dustin Mack

2) How has the game changed since you've been playing?

Necromancy has become a lot more... accepted? When I started if you were a necromancer you were killed on site. Now its become a bit more relaxed which I love. Also, the weapon construction has changed dramatically, from PVC only, to fiberglass, to bamboo, and now to flat blade weapons. Its been cool to watch the weapons evolve. 


3) Who have you learned the most from?

That's hard being in the game for so long. So I have a few people. One Is the Baron. He taught me a ton of how the game is and though we don't chat as much as we used too, it was great to be able to fight him at QoH and show what I have learned. The second is Avendar. When I was young I never thought I would consider him my mentor but now, he has pushed me to hone my fighting skills and perfect what I can do. Last are Hygar and Kindrianna. They have opened up my mind to the possibilities of how magics can be used. 


4) What was your best moment IC?

Honestly, I believe I have so many amazing moments to come. But if I had to pick it would be getting my Blue Bar in Voraniss. It meant a ton to be accepted and it was such a special in-character moment 

photo by Dustin Mack

5) What was your best moment as a NPC/EH/Player?

I have 2. The first is when I decided to make a fighter alt after being a 3 path for so many years. Showing up and having a good Npc coming up behind the group. I let everyone know they were there, and no one did anything, so I went "don't worry guys I got it." Went and killed the NPC with my baseball slide fighting technique and had everyone go "oh shit you can fight.

The second is the event after that one where I petitioned Voraniss. Renee came up and went "Hey you're a werewolf you wanna help in this ritual?" I said sure and she goes "awesome. You get to call out to Luna, you're on in 5 min good luck." I was not ready at all for that but Renee believed in my ability to swim when just tossed into the deep end. 


6) What would you like to see changed or developed more in game?

I would like to see more roleplay-style fighting. I love the skill of how fast can I swing and get the kill. But I feel there are sometimes when a more dramatic-style fight could impact the event or scene far better. 


7) What advice would you give new players?

If you want to get involved just do so. Don't wait for an opportunity to come to you, make the opportunity. Also, don't be afraid to find your own style. Don't think "oh no one takes these spells I probably shouldn't." I am a very decent backpack healer but have no combat raises. It's not fully about the spells but how you can use them. 


photo by Sara Jessop

8) What do you love most about the game?

The people. The diversity in how many people we have that come together and make something wonderful. 


9) Who would you like to see the next interview be with?

That's a hard one. Honestly probably someone who has been playing longer than I have. 


10) Anything else you'd like to take the opportunity to put into print?

If you ever have any questions, in or out of character, please reach out. I am happy to help. Also, I shall be opening the Claw and Fang armory. I do a lot of flat-blade weapons. People tell me they are fantastic. I take Green, Gold, or Barter for them.