Friday, October 28, 2022

Fresh Faces with Gisella "Elowen" Aguirre




1. How did you learn about Realms?

I learned about the Realms through my friend Candi. Her and I had gone out for ice cream, and I was recanting to her my experience with another LARP I NPCed for. She told me that her husband Adrian (Cronin) was away that weekend at a Realms event and that she would let him know I was interested in it.

2. How many events have you been to?

Oh man, that's a good question. My first event was Echoes of Ragnarok III in 2017...so yea...I haven't kept track.

3. Have you ever LARP’ed before? If so tell us about it? 

I did some NPCing for my friend's LARP for the last 2 events ever right before meeting up with Candi. It was called Outpost.

4. What is your character like? Where are they from? What is their species? What is important to them?

Elowen is outgoing and friendly. Fearsome  6'6" fighter. She is from a wood elf village called Endora that used to be on the outskirts of Calandia. She is a full-blooded Wood Elf. She finds friendship, honesty, and compassion to be important to her, as well as her sewing machine and her family.

5. What do you remember most about your first event? 

I remember the first thing I did, was fall right into a pit that rendered me deaf, blind, and mute. I got my sight and hearing back first but trying to communicate with others was a fun ride, just ask Cronin.


6. What things have helped to make you feel welcome in game? 

The people and camaraderie.

7. What parts of the game do you find most challenging? 

Most challenging is bridge battles and getting in my own head when attacking bad guys.

8. Do you have any game-related goals (as either a player or character)? 

I definitely want to try new weapon styles so that can be more versatile. Also sew more, and not just outfits for myself.

9. What advice would you give other new players? 

Don't worry about how many times you die or how mean some people can be. I walked right into a black pit at my first event. Everything will get easier to understand. Practice and patience are key. As for the jerks, ignore them. Don't let them discourage you from something you like. Also, let me know and we can deal with them.

10. What have you enjoyed most about the game so far?

I love the Role Play. It's nice to disassociate from the outside world and have the only worry be am I calling my shots right? I've also made some great friends through the years.