Thursday, September 17, 2026

Why I Want To Go - Feast of Blackwood 2026

By: Michael “Swoop” Zajac


What is going on adventures! It’s ya boy here, cursed with the knowledge of things yet to pass, and with that ball knowledge I am predicting that this Feast of Blackwood is going to be a certifiable Banger this weekend. I’ll keep this short and sweet with three main points so you can get back to whatever you weirdos do during the weekdays. That said, here’s my big things to look forward to!

1. Exciting questing and continuing narrative: Blackwood has been really cooking with their Ork’ne storyline now for a few years, and I believe we are at the point where things are about to get real interesting. We’ve met an interesting cast of characters, from good, bad and somewhere in between. We’ve learned some interesting tidbits of Ork’ne culture and their motivations, and seeing how fast they adapt to take advantage of ancient powers  that lie in the provinces of Blackwood. Now armed with knowledge, and a certifiable track record from the Blackwood quest writers, I predict we are at a major juncture for some awesome encounters (May I remind you of such highlights such as Temorse shooting a DRAGON with a magical GUN) and some pivotal plot points for those hungry to consume some potentially unhealthy amount of soul-infused goo paste. I’ve had a good time uncovering the mysteries of these alien Ork’ne and I’ve kept extensive notes the entire time, so if you’ve been lost in the sauce and would like to know more, I’m an open book! Come find me onsite to get the skinny on these very not-skinny foes.


2. Kicking it Old School in Idaris: A big theme for this Feast weekend is going to be Legacy. In simpler terms, it means a look back at some important snapshots in Realms history is being interwoven into this whole event. Idaris is old school, with a lot of prime Blackwood and Realms history baked into the province. Let’s just say if the province was a Realmsie, it would DEFINITELY have a “favorite” knee by this point. Now I only have foggy visions and unconfirmed rumours, but from the sound of it it seems Blackwood is pulling out the ancient tomes, the deep forgotten lore from the early days of Blackwood, maybe never before seen in the Realms at large. So if you have old memories of running around in your riveted steel chainmail, getting thawcked with a drilled core PVC boffer, and more “No shit there I was” stories than anyone has time to listen to, you may want to stop on by this weekend to relive some history coming alive.


3. A Feast to Write Home About:  Now it’s no secret that Blackwood has a fantastic track record of delectable feasts entries, but I believe this one may be the best one we’ve seen to date, due to a few culminating factors. Obviously we have some masterful hands behind the kitchen, Sir Mathies should really swap his necromancy spellbook with a cookbook with the wizardry coming out of those ovens every year. While we don’t have a confirmed menu, previous Blackwood events have given us such memorable dishes like the soothing gazpacho, Blackwood’s iconic Meatloaf in various shapes, and at this point the legendary Hungarian mushroom soup. Known food critic Madam Zarine's only complaint from the soup was that there wasn’t more of it! This expertise and vision, combined with the fact Lady Matiya has been working steadfastly turning this kitchen and its various tools from an unruly mob into an elegant machine of dispensing culinary delights over the past few months, is shaping up to make this the perfect storm, destined for your stomach.

So, come on by this weekend! Quest, running for your life, and food made from for your soul! What more could you ask for?!