Friday, August 11, 2017

Tips and Tricks for Queen of Hearts by Lani "Gwen" Grayson - Follow Up

Good morning friends,

I wanted to follow up to my letter last week with my tips for Queen of Hearts. I wanted to thank you for making this the best Queen of Hearts I’ve ever been a part of.


  1. I should have also told you to bring a rain jacket and/or umbrella. Also, although I brought sunscreen, I was remiss in using it. We will all do better with this bullet point next year. I promise.

  2. Thank you for doing your best to have fun this weekend. You were wonderful. I cannot tell you how impressed I was with the players this year at Queen of Hearts.Thank you for every moment where you were kind to each other and to the marshalling staff. Thank you for reminding me why I love this community so much. I hope you had as much fun as I did this weekend.

  3. Thank you for giving each other the benefit of the doubt and for treating each other with respect. In doing so, you earned mine in spades.

  4. The marshalling staff doesn’t actually need tips, but, you gave us all so much more than that this weekend when you helped out in little and big ways. When Jason told me we needed to move the chessboard on Saturday morning because of the rain, inwardly, I groaned. But when we had the idea to work together to move the chessboard in one fell swoop, and you came together to help us do that, I was beyond moved. That might be one of my favorite moments in Realms ever. It is something we literally could not have done on our own, and you came together to make it possible. We really are stronger together. When after the water balloon fight, heck, even when it was still going on, you were cleaning up the pieces of water balloons, I swooned. And when, at the end of the day, so many people came together to help clean up, I knew that this was the very best Queen of Hearts I’ve ever attended. I hope you are recovered from all of the hard work you did last weekend, however, I hope you never forget what we accomplished.

Lots of love from your friend,

Sir Gwen Hawk