Thursday, November 1, 2012

10 Questions - Rebecca "Naralia" Garbos

Rebecca "Naralia" Garbos



Photo by Nicole LaRoche
How long have you been playing?
I have been playing since 1999.  My very first event was Tournaments of Creathorne (no idea the number).  I hung out with the Nashua folks at fight practice, but never went to any events.  Finally, Eric Garbos convinced me to go.  I really had no idea what I was getting myself into.  

How has the game changed since you've been playing?
A lot has changed since I started playing.  The fighting has changed.  We use much lighter weapons now which has increased the speed of combat.  The way we use the magic system has changed.  We can learn spells at a much faster pace.  Not sure if that's a good thing or not.  And the basic way we play has changed.  It has become much more of a sport.  There isn't as much role playing as there used to be.  I wish we could go back to more role playing.  That was fun.

Who have you learned the most from?
There are several people in the game I have learned a great deal from.  I try to learn from everybody I can.  I try to use every situation as a learning experience.  Of course the people that I spend the most time with are the ones I've learned the most from.  Ben Greene, Neil Tozier, Andy Disbrow just to name a few.  I am trying to spend more time with people I normally don't hang with to learn what they have to offer.  But believe it or not... I am a shy person, so I am not always that comfortable around new (to me) people.

What was your best moment IC?
My best IC moment is a toss up between two different ones.  The first one is when I ran for Queen.  Lord Artex was on my team and he stormed off my team.  And then after a few battles, he came back on his knees begging for forgiveness.  This of course was all worked out a head of time between the two of us OOC, but we were the only ones who knew.  So to see everyone's faces was priceless.  The second moment is when I married Bean IC.  It was fun.  We had it set up beautifully.  Dark gave me away.  We had to keep Sir Sean flatted because he wanted to stop the wedding.  Orchyd started off as the officiant, but Cinnabar felt it was taking too long.  He had Dame Shalindra kill (and impale) Bean.  And finished the ceremony Borderlands style.  Too much fun.  And too top it off, I think we had everybody on site there.  And since this was at a ToC, that's a lot of people   

Photo by Casey Lemay


What was your best moment as a NPC/EH/Player?
Elven Boom Babies!!!!  (Ask Boom)

What would you like to see changed or developed more in game?
I would really like to see the role playing come back.  It gave the game a fun added element.  We got to be more creative with everything.   Also... for people to remember this is just a game.  Something we do on weekends to let off some steam and to relax and have fun.

What advice would you give new players?
Go out there to have fun.  Talk to everybody.  Make friends where ever you can.  And don't dismiss anybody.

What do you love most about the game?
The interesting people I've meet over the years.  The people in this game have given me a diverse look on life.  They have added flavor.  And I thank them all for it.

Who would you like to see the next interview be with?
Tanya Johnson or Carrie Dolph (Carrie's interview can be seen here).  I think either would lead to a great interview.

Anything else you'd like to take the opportunity to put into print?
Just this... Live every moment, Laugh every day, Love beyond words.