Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Why I Want to Go- From the Rift: The Five Plagues

by Adrian "Cronin" Cronin

IC: 

As I grip the angel blade Azurewrath, I can feel it’s divine grace. But today, somehow it feels different. As I point it to the north, the hairs on the back of my neck begin to stand up. North is where it is leading me, and it is north that we will march.

I have learned much of the blade in my adventures. It contains the essence of an arch-angel, a particularly aggressive arch-angel but a righteous one nonetheless. He serves a deity I am anxious to learn more of: Solarus, goddess of war AND peace. A perplexing tenet for one who has not experienced the horror of war. But for a veteran, she is the truest of deities. For her followers will march against the forces of evil with a singular goal in mind… peace. Beat back the darkness, that Stonewoods people may survive and live their lives. It is a privilege denied to many, to once again til the field which was bloodied.

As I read the letter from Lord Elwin of Stonewood, to mobilize against the demons and hoards of undead, it all begins to come together. Stonewood is in danger. Whispers of a tenth deity and the grave implications of such have caused restless nights for our Druids and scribes who are familiar with the Stonewood pantheon. As a military commander, I see a threat that must be eliminated before it can grow too strong. As the wielder of Azurewrath, I see it as my duty to see it done.

The people of Stonewood are hearty folk. Two years ago my friends and I helped defend a village there, and they spoke of undead hordes as most farmers would speak of wolves or vermin. Just another reality for the northerners, not so different from the lands I once called home. Hard workers in a harsh land, there is no one more deserving of our aid. We formed The Broken Spears Free Company in the wake of that battle and vowed to protect those who cannot protect themselves. 

This path led us to Voraniss with similarly minded folk and made me the Warlord I am today. Stonewood will not fall while I draw breath. I can only hope the allies and friends I have made along the way will join me in this fight.

OOC:

“A Grave Discovery” is still talked about by my entire group. It was truly the event that made us commit to realms, as we were testing out LARPs at the time. The effort that this plot team puts together for lore, props, and mechanics is spectacular. 

We can’t wait to see what Travis and his team have come up with.