Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Why I want to Go!: Rhiassa Presents: Echoes of Ragnarok V: Asgard, by Keith

It can be hard to feel like a hero in the realms. That’s kind of a weird thing to say, but it’s sort of true. Culturally, our game has evolved to a point where we refer to each other as murder hobos, constantly. And we laugh. 

We play anti-heroes. And we make unsavory choices. I can even recall a point where I’ve heard the players say, “yes they are  demons, and we’re going to let them out and they’ll turn on us, but we’ll fix it later.” 

So sometimes it can be hard. But not in the Ragnarok plot line, there is investment there. It’s feels like real choices. 

Ragnarok, a story where I had originally called us the villains has become the questline where it feels like we are most able to become the heroes we want to be. 

At least me. We can actually save a universe. We can change the way fate works. We can visit the gods, and really rub their noses in the s—-... stuff they’ve done. 

Echoes of Ragnarok V promises to be an epic adventure into the halls of Asgard. If it’s anything like their previous plot events it will be filled with challenging fights, thoughtful puzzles, innovative props and costumes, and delectable foods. 

And I want to go because I’m going to make good memories with my friends, and my Realms family to tell for years to come. 

So if you’re on the fence about going? Just go. 

And I’ll see you on the field,

Keith “Saegan” Cronyn