Friday, October 7, 2011

Outside the Realms - Violence on Campus


While doing some research for a new Outside the Realms article I came across an article on LARPing at the Kennesaw State University that was posted this past Tuesday. In a nutshell, the writer asks the question, “Should a LARP group be banned from the campus for promoting violence?” I recommend you go and read the article here for a better understanding of what the writer is saying. The comments are also interesting.

To be honest I have not heard of such an attitude in our area, though I could be wrong. I have not had to deal with school or town authorities when it comes to using a practice site, though I suspect there may have been difficulties in the past for some people.

Have you ever had to deal with this type of situation? How would you handle it? What would you say to such a person?