Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Why I Want To Go: Rhiassa Presents: Echoes of Ragnarok- Legends by Keith

I have an addictive personality.

When I get into something, I really get into it.  I can be an annoying asshole about it. Ask anyone that skips practice on me when I expect them to be there.

You might not know this about me, but I also play Dungeons and Dragons, once or twice weekly. If I go for a week without really playing it, I start to get cranky about it. I won’t say I go into withdrawals, because that’s a serious real world thing, but I think you can pick up what I’m putting down.

So between practice, and role playing, you can probably see why I’m addicted to this game, and community. But there is more. The most immersive, and memorable moments for me occur around overcoming challenging scenarios. In fighting, that can mean tournaments against foes that I perceive to be at a higher competency or skill level than me, where I win with guile, over luck. But some of my more memorable moments come from questing as well.

Rhiassa presents that sort of questing environment.

The kind of environment where memories will be made, as you come across challenges that make you think. That make you use strategy. That make you fight for your life. Forming and organizing encounters that force us, as players, to use a diverse skill set is something that Rhiassa shines at.

Helping people make memories is something that Rhiassa shines at.

As an editor for the view, with all it’s perks, I get an inside view on the event. Things you might not know from reading the event announcement. You probably pieced together that this event is a questing style dungeon crawl. But from what I gathered, Friday night will center around playing games and learning the legend of Norland’s Sigurd. Saturday Day, will have a theme that seems to be centered around an Escape the Room concept, with a lot of puzzles, and some monsters to fight off, rounding out the day with Sigurd’s tomb, and the things that may lurk within it.

If you know anything about the Norse hero Sigurd, you’ll know there is a lot to work with to make this a really interesting quest, and if it progresses the Ragnarok line forward synergistically, and with all the innovation that Rhiassa is known for, ( editor’s note: it will. ) then you cannot miss this experience.

So come out with me. I’ll be there looking for hints as to how to find a third option for this whole ordeal, where we meet the prophecies of Ragnarok; but we can save the people who are fighting for their lives.

I’ll see you in the dungeon

Keith “Saegan” Cronyn