Friday, December 20, 2019

What You Missed-Nedengiving 4

Photos by Michael Zajac

Nedengiving 4 was another smash hit! The community was able to raise over 600 cans for veterans in need while sharing in laughter, love, and of course, delicious food. We reached out to the people to see what their favorite part of the event was in this special edition of What You Missed!

“I always love ending out the year in my beautiful homeland of Neden, being thankful with all my Nedenonian brethren.  Company, booze, auctions and entertainment all just feel better in the Green Apple,  and this year I was so fortunate as to be a greeter to the revellers as they came to set qualms aside and bask in the glory of the season with their favorite chaotic bunch.  The booming carnival, charity auctions and food auctions all added up to make the experience feel even better, because who doesn’t love a good time that also helps those in need.  Ultimately, there’s no better way to celebrate unity and thankfulness than with the Neden Boys, and next year I hope everyone is enjoying that unity from within the Meat Ball.  Love and seasons greetings”

-Pilpus


“I enjoyed the camaraderie and the auction.  DaniDanger enjoyed the dessert contest and the carnival games.”

-Sir Iawen



“So the first thing that came to mind for my favorite thing at Nedensgiving was Gumbo's Gumbo. It's a rare occasion when the soup course is the best dish, and the rest of the food was really tasty, too. But man, that was some great gumbo. 

The prizes were pretty epic as well. Cal and Co. continue to knock it out of the park with their crafting efforts. And there was a lot of prizes, too.”
-Sir Osa



“My favorite part of Nedensgiving is always getting to see the new prizes and props that are made for the event. Such high quality props are rarely seen elsewhere. Also seeing and helping collect cans for the veterans is a great feeling.”
-Sir Avendar


And...the award winning limerick by Madam Zarine!

This Madam came here to talk 
About all of the things I can mock 
I'll give you a lashin'
About your poor fashion 
But I'll never be a peacock