Friday, August 26, 2022

Why I Want to Go: The15th Annual Tournaments of Chaos

by Lani "Gwen" Jones


It has been such an amazing Spring and Summer for Realms. Dusting off all of the cobwebs and seeing everyone come together as a community has been one of the most gratifying and enjoyable experiences I've ever had. I guess I'm feeling a little mushy, but when I think about why I want to go to Tournaments of Chaos, the first thing that comes to mind is how much I am looking forward to seeing all of you.

But that aside, Sir Celtrex has promised us an amazing day of tournaments and festivities and I am all too happy to travel to Sharingil and partake of the good times and great camaraderie. Looking over the tournament list, it is clear that Celtrex and his staff have prepared a tremendous number of activities and tournaments of all kinds. There's no way anyone is going to suffer from lack of things to do at this event!

And of course combat tournaments appeal to many people but what's really exciting is that it has so many other types of tournaments as well. Bardic and dance, armor and foam smithing, and all sorts of other things? What's Radstar's Lightning Bowl? I have no idea but it sure sounds electrifying!

So if you haven't already decided to spend your weekend at Tournaments of Chaos, I think you should give it some serious thought. The Realms is at it's best when we all show up to compete together and to cheer each other on, and for sure there will be lots of that at this event. Come for the combat, stay for the Chaos. Celtrex you can have that slogan for free!