Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Humanizing the Realms: Keith "Saegan" Cronyn


1. What do you do outside of the game? What would you like to be doing? (Work, school, projects, etc.)

I work in special education, for a private school that’s probably at the forefront of evidence based education for students with special needs in the country. 

Outside I work, I enjoy writing and crafting, spend a lot of time at the gym, or realms related practices. 


2. What hobbies do you enjoy other than LARP?

Other than LARP? I go to the gym a lot. I enjoy food adventures. Writing. Tabletop role playing. I enjoy video games as well. 


3. Favorite meal, dessert, and drink?

Smoked duck l’orange, is my favorite food. Picanha is also amazing. 

For dessert, I like tiramisu, and croque en bouche. 

And my favorite drink is coffee, probably. I’d love for it to be water, but that’s just not true. 

Alcohol wise, I enjoy a good cider, rekorderlig was my favorite before they went to an artificial sweetener. Their holiday blend was Christmas in a bottle. It still may be up there now, but down east is a strong competition. 

Hard alcohol, I tend to be all over the place. I do enjoy a fine Smokey scotch; Ardbeg for example. But I’m not super exclusionary. Run over vodka, I guess. 


4. If you could go on vacation anywhere, where would it be? Would you bring anyone?

I’d love to bring Blackwood on vacation to a tropical beach. Maybe something also with castles and jungle forests. 


5. Are you working on any life goals that you’re willing to share?

Life goals has a level of importance to it; I mean, overall fitness is a goal of mine that I’m constantly working towards. 

I’m not like working towards a doctorate or anything though. 


6. Favorite outfit other than garb?

Gym clothes, hoodie. Maybe a hooded flannel. 




7. Do you have any professional or personal skills you’d be willing to talk about?

I’m certified in crisis intervention, cpr, and first aid. 


8. What drew you to the realms, and what keeps you there?

When I was young my friend’s uncle played for a minute, and let me and my friend fight with the weapons in the backyard. 

When I was a teenager, my friends in high school started going to events, and I went to some backyard events before hitting a couple events my senior year. 

After college there was a hole in my life that needed something so I asked my friends if they wanted to go back to the game. We formed Acteon, and started playing. 

For me it’s everything my life needs to be happy; a physical activity. A creative outlet. A loving community. 

I stay out of love of the game, and community. 


9. Favorite movies/shows/books?

My favorite movies are: Thor: Ragnarok, Guardians of the Galaxy, Indiana Jones, and Die Hard.

My favorite shows are: Samurai Jack, Avatar the Last Airbender, the Mandalorian, Dragon Prince, and Loki. 

My favorite books are: The Name of the Wind, and a Wise Man’s Fear, by Patrick Rothfuss (please tell me for favorite theories. I will engage in debate.) 


10. If you happened upon 3 wishes, what would they be? (Wishing for more wishes doesn’t seem to work...)

World health, and happiness. A large sum of money. I don’t know, semi phenomenal nearly cosmic power? I feel like my life is in a place where if I had a large sum of money everything else would be easy. Magic powers? The ability to control time and space? 


11. Who would you like to see interviewed next?

Saka


12. Anything else you’d like to add? 

I enjoy philosophical conversation as well, and theory crafting for both books and the realms at large. 


If you'd like to do one of these interviews, send Dani Lacasse (lilpotatogem on Discord) a message to let her know!