Friday, December 29, 2017

Fresh Face- Sawyer Judkins/Jericho

Photo by Angela Gray
1.How did you learn about Realms? 
I learned about Realms when I was a student in high school. For a brief stint there were practices in Suffied, CT. I was mainly brought to it by Mike Doherty, and at the time, a few other friends attended practices as well.

 2.How many events have you been to? 
 At this point I have been to nineteen.

 3. Have you ever LARP’ed before? If so tell us about it?
The most I had done was a couple low-key nights of Vampire the Masquerade. It wasn’t one of the big events that they do, but just a small group of five of us. It was fun, but something that wasn’t too appealing to me.

 4. What is your character like? Where are they from? What is their race? What is important to them?
 Jericho is a pretty laid back person. He tried his hand at spell casting, but has found being a fighter to be a bit more fun at the moment. He strives to make sure his nation members have fun, and are enjoying themselves. Jericho isn’t quite sure where he came from. Anytime he tries to think back too far, things start to get a little fuzzy. The only clear thing is that it was very cold. Jericho is a human. The most important thing to him are his nation members. He is proud of how far they have come in such a short time.

5. What do you remember most about your first event? 
My first event was The Event Which Must Not be Named II. I was actually an NPC for it. The most memorable part of it was during the night quest on Saturday night. We were acromantulas, and waiting at the bottom of a hill in the dark. We waited for the PC’s to get within ten to fifteen feet of us before announcing our presence. We did this by making the spider eyes on our heads glow red. So the players suddenly saw seven or eight sets of spiders eyes light up in front of them. The surprise in their reactions was awesome.

6.What things have helped to make you feel welcome in game? 
 The biggest things that have made me feel welcome to this game is the community as a whole. Almost everyone I interact with has made sure to introduce themselves to me, and to make sure I can show up to an event, and always know someone there.

7.What parts of the game do you find most challenging?
Photo by Angela Gray
 I think the most challenging this so far for me is getting caught up on the Realms history. With so many things that happened in the past that shape the game, it isn’t a surprise. When I first started, Bedlam was a huge threat, and now that I am an active player a few years later, it doesn’t seem to be an issue any more.

8. Do you have any game related goals (as either a player or character)?
 My own goal is to make sure that this game lasts for a long time. I really do have an amazing time at events, so I want to make sure others new players have as amazing an experience that I did. IC, Jericho wants to be a knight. Since I also bring so many new players to the game, he also wants to be able to make new players to the game feel welcome, and be a familiar face to them.

9. What advice would you give other new players?
The best advice that I could give is to get involved. Whether that is being on the front lines thrusting away with a pike, or bringing the dead back to life. No matter how many times you die, you will learn something every-time. Another thing would be to remember that it is a game. While tensions may run high at times, we are all there to have fun.

10. What have you enjoyed most about the game so far?

So far I think I have enjoyed how different all the events can be. One weekend I can be fighting against some zombie horde, another weekend I could be stuffing my face in the tavern as course after course comes out. And yet another weekend I could be proving myself on the tourney field.