Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Gifts from Uncle Cecil's 2017


"This was my first year attending Uncle Cecil’s Crazy Tavern, and I had such a lovely time! Seeing my close friends and reuniting with old adventuring buddies is always a blast. I didn’t sign up for the gift swap because I didn’t want to get too overwhelmed with this new event experience, but I did receive a few gifts from some beautiful people! Firstly, Mouse gifted me a box with delicious homemade sweets. It included cookies, fudge, fruit leather, candies, red velvet cheesecake, and my favorite, peppermint bark! It must have taken forever to make all of those decadent treats, and it was so incredibly kind. (I don’t have a photo of the treats but they were amazing!) Secondly, I received a gift from Zoh'ken. We struck up a conversation about our spell paths, then he asked me if I like moons and trees. I said yes, I do and he presented me with a small treasure box containing some pretty jewelry! There was a pair of earrings, a bracelet, and a necklace. It was a lovely surprise!

Finally, my dear friend Björn (or as I call him, Bear-yorn) presented me with a gorgeous leather belt favor, engraved with the name Blackthorn. He explained that this is the name that the stars and the Great Spirit Bear have gifted me. That Blackthorn is a beautiful and rare plant found in the northern forests that he called home. The petals are typically brewed into a tea that is said to sooth weary minds, but its roots can be distilled into a sickeningly sweet poison. And that his interpretation of my name is that I have so much room for love in my heart, but I cannot truly open up until I resolve the tragedies from my past. This gift is especially meaningful to me. You see, when I was forced to flee from my homeland, I left my surname behind for my protection. Now I have a beautiful name to call myself, and the thoughtfulness that went into this gorgeous present made me tear up. Oh, and I heard that a powerful dracolich at Rathkeale Labs is responsible for the laser engraving! I am very lucky to have such lovely and thoughtful friends, and I am looking forward to next year’s Cecil’s!"
–Evitta Blackthorn (Sarah Fournier)


Photo courtesy of Sarah Fournier
Photo courtesy of Sarah Fournier

*****
"I received many gifts at UCCT and love every one of them, but there are 3 gifts that I think deserve special mention. One of them was from Tyler John Chase in the Yule gift swap where he delivered on my "if anything was possible" answer by getting me a bear head piece. Hygar (Derek Booke) really surprised me in the Voraniss group gifting we did on Friday after the IC ritual. Where he hand crafted many gifts for everyone. The two gifts I received from him really surprised me and were tailored to my character. An amazing white fur mantle with blue and black cape that helped keep me warm during the questing in the snow and a great looking wood-burned staff that he handmade. As someone new to realms the generosity really blew me away, and not just from those I directly received gifts from. I'm very happy to have met so many great people at the event."
- Justin Mitchell (Artair)


Photo courtesy of Justin Mitchell
Photo courtesy of Justin Mitchell

Photo courtesy of Justin Mitchell

*****

"I received the most incredible gift. This gift represents who I am represents those that are closest to me and who I see as family. This was gifted to me by John Berrini, who took my absurd gift idea and made it happen EXACTLY as I asked."
-Matt Butler (Mathies)

Photo courtesy of Matt Butler

*****

"Here ya go, Yule 2017: Fighter's Cloak WITH POCKETS (Yule Swap gift from Mayumi), new Leather Medallion (from Karmha Creations), and a Draw-String Shirt w/Vest (Gilded Lion via Pater Yule!), all Iawen heraldry colors!  <3 p="">

Photo courtesy of Janna Oakfellow-Pushee

It's WASHABLE, with a HOOD!

A new leather medallion to replace the one the Faeries had!

Player 4 approves of Mama's new Gilded Lion outfit (whomever made it, thank you! It's *great* to have something that can be flexible to my shape!). <3 td="">

If anyone would like to get their own stuff like it:  Mayumi is in Teng Hua, played by Kimberly Coffey; Karmha's Creations is run by Casey LeMay; The Gilded Lion is owned by Rhiassa."
- Janna "Iawen" Oakfellow Pushee

*****

"Voraniss is filled with hungry people that happen to have a sweet tooth, so naturally we begged Father Yule to bring us a chocolate cake. We were not disappointed. Not only did we get our cake, but it was adorned with yummy cookie snowflakes as well. Beautiful and delicious! It was so moist that it melted right in the mouth and was devoured by all of us quicker than we'd like to admit. Now our regular diet of meat everything just isn't going to cut it. Thank you, Father Yule!"
- Renee "Mouse" Booke

Photo courtesy of Renee Booke