Thursday, May 10, 2018

Why I Want To Go - Folkewood Spring Event

by Lani "Gwen" Jones

The weather has been absolutely beautiful lately and I don't know about you but these sunny, warm days have been reminding me how much that I love a weekend outside questing! Lucky for me one of the most ambitious and interesting plots in the game has my back this weekend. The Folkewood storyline instantly gripped my attention when it began last year and this next installment is sure to have all of the things that has made this plotline resound with the community.

If you haven't been to one of the Folkewood events yet you haven't seen the amazing job they've done building an interesting and unique world. The amount of time and energy they've put into their political roles, their costuming, the layers of intrigue and mystery have all made for an immersive, high-roleplaying environment that really makes you feel like you are interacting with another longstanding Realms country with all of its own unique history and culture. Their recent feast was proof of these things and I'm excited to see how they continue that into a full weekend of questing.

Speaking of food, another great part of the weather turning warm are the customary foods of the season and Folkewood has that covered too with a BBQ dinner on Saturday night. Knowing the experience and past success of the feastocrats on their staff I'm sure thats going to be amazing too. All in all, its going to be a great weekend to be outside and its a perfect time of year to dust off your questing gear. This event holding team has already shown us what they are capable of and I can't wait to see what's next this weekend!