Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Why I Want To Go-Tournaments of Creathorne 26

by Lani "Gwen" Jones

It’s time to make my annual pilgrimage to Grafton this Memorial Day weekend for one of my all time favorite events of the year: Tournaments of Creathorne. Knowing that this weekend is approaching brings me joy every year because it means that the summer eventing season is about to kick off, and I’m about to reconnect with friends new and old for a weekend of food, fun, and fighting.

One of the things I love most about TOC is that there is always something to do. Whether it’s fighting in tournaments (which I’m actually toying around with doing this weekend--shocking, I know), or watching the bardic competitions, participating in non-coms, questing, visiting shops, gambling, or just kicking back and socializing, I’m never bored, not once, in a four day weekend. When you stop to consider how much it takes to coordinate that much content for that many people, you can’t help but be impressed. I also love the care and attention to make sure that all players, regardless of their interest, age, or social circle are all provided with something that feels “just right” for them.

This will be my 12th Tournaments of Creathorne (yeah, yeah, I’ll get off your lawn). It was my first event, and being on site always brings me back to that special nostalgia of being brand new to the Realms. The nervous excitement, the wondering if I packed enough socks and clothes (pro tip--you can’t ever pack enough of either of those things), and the wondering of what adventure will be in store for me. I can’t wait to see you all there!